oy51990 SAU173C SCSI CdRom device ??

Thread: oy51990 SAU173C SCSI CdRom device ??

oy51990 SAU173C SCSI CdRom device ??

HI and ty for a quick response,
    Come accross this one and i dont know what is it.
    When checking my device manager come accross this entry under cd/dvd
    What is it?didnt find nothing under google
    i have my dvd burner and dvd rom listed there ok but what is this one???
    any clues?
    thnks

could you give a little more detail.?
    Maybe even include a screen shot of your device manager.

cheers
    front2back

What do the device "properties" show?.................what driver is it using?

hi,
    sorry was in a hurry and i post like idiot. (and i suggest to others member to post more detailed info(()
    Was too lazy to check few things bymyself-sorry.
    i have xp pro as OS
    Its using microsoft driver 5.1.2335.0 file version 5.1.2600.21280 (xp _sp2_rtm.040803_2158
    but when i went into drivers detail its shows Digital signer: Microsoft windows publisher
    Bus Number 0, Target ID 0, LUN 0
    front2back i would post screenshot but i dont know how to do it
    I dont have to tell you that i disabled this device just curious why it doesnt show nothing under google.

hi,
    after front2back instructions here are the results:

and this one:

In the second .jpg the DVD/Cd is just the driver signature of the DVD burner.
    As the burner can play both DVD and CDR..

cheers
    front2back

Hi

When you boot into normal mode, all of the normal and extra drivers will load up in sequence, and as MS states, anything with a 0 will load before anything with a 1....

SUMMARY
    Windows NT is designed around the concept that the first driver to claim a device obtains ownership of that device. This ownership can be shared or it can be exclusive; this is up to the claiming device driver. If the device is exclusively claimed by a device driver, any further attempts to claim the device by subsequently loaded device drivers fail. Because of this, it is imperative that the order in which device drivers load can be modified by device driver authors. This article describes the two methods that you can use to control the order in which device drivers load.
    Back to the top Back to the top
    MORE INFORMATION
    There are two methods that you can use to control the order in which device drivers load. Both methods take advantage of entries in the registry that can be found at \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control. The first method is to modify the ServiceGroupOrder. The second method is to assign Tag values that determine the order of driver loading according to the GroupOrderList. The tag values start type and Group names are in the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\<drivername> key which must be added before the values can be listed in the Group Order List.

These two methods only work for device drivers that have a start value of 0 (SERVICE_BOOT_START) or 1 (SERVICE_SYSTEM_START). In all cases, device drivers with a start value of 0 load before any device drivers with a start value of 1 attempt to load.
    Article 115486

Are you having any conflicts?
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson