Donate your organs . . or we take 'em

Thread: Donate your organs . . or we take 'em

Unhappy Donate your organs . . or we take 'em

Now this is just sick. What makes it even worse in my mind is the fact that there are no tests or procedures to make sure that the stolen goods were heathly and didn't pose a risk to the patient. Who knows what disease(s) the "donor" had that the patients will now contract due to this crap. I swear the only reason these types of people are still alive is because its illegal to kill them. What will they uncover next i wonder.

In one instance, the corpse of a Queens grandmother, that investigators exhumed last month, had nearly all the bones removed below the waist and replaced with PVC pipes.
    Full article found here

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/st...,99393,00.html
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

It looks like an urban legend..... like an older one that tells that someone got to a party, got drugged and wake up in a tube, with ice, and some organs missing....
    but, maybe someone now started to "Implement" that old idea.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

The story can be found here as well: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...956952,00.html

The blackmarket for organs is probably bigger then people realise.

Highlight:
    The Los Angeles Times is reporting that an official with UCLA's medical school has been privately selling cadavers that were willed to the medical school. The individual -- who was also the director of the "willed body program" -- made more than $700,000 selling these bodies to medical research companies. In other words, people who thought they were donating their bodies to science were apparently enriching the pockets of a twisted individual who resold the bodies for his own person profit.

As bizarre as this story seems, it's only one report in a sea of similar stories from the lucrative body parts industry. In a previous article, I described how other cadavers from people who thought they were "donating their bodies for science" were actually sold to the military for -- get this -- testing landmines. I know this all sounds bizarre, almost tabloid, but in fact, it's right from the the LA Times and other press sources.

There's a bigger story to all this: as people graciously donate their bodies, their organs and their blood to a variety of organizations out of a desire to help fellow human beings, there's actually a hidden, lucrative underground market flourishing in the buying and selling of body parts. The donor who gave up their own body in an act of kindness ends up having their body sent to the medical equivalent of an auto theft "chop shop" where it is parted out to the highest bidder. And there's an enormous amount of money generated from donated organs, too. The hospital removing the organ is paid a fee, the transportation company that brings the chilled organs to the intended recipient makes a bundle, and of course the surgeons, doctors and hospitals actually performing the organ transplant make a small fortune. In all, one donated organ (such as a human liver) might generate well over $100,000 in revenues for everyone involved... that is, everyone except the donor.
    Source
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    The homeless and indigent ( if no one claims the body ) have always been used for organs and research...what's left for burial usually amounts to what's left on your plate after a turkey dinner.

In one instance...and this is NOT an urban legend...a cleaning lady was cleaning a Dentist's office and when she went into the fridge she saw a severed human head and immediately called the police...who went to arrest the Dentist...but...he was later released once they discoved that it was common practice for Dentist's to have severed heads from the morgue ( homeless heads ) for research and to practice on.

Eg

The homeless and indigent ( if no one claims the body ) have always been used for organs and research...what's left for burial usually amounts to what's left on your plate after a turkey dinner.
    This does go back hundreds of years, how else does the aspiring Dr's learn the tricks of their trade...what is of a dubious nature though is the thought that given the right circumstances (money barrells of) that someone's organs could be harvested for someone else outside the normal avenues (hospitals)..........like a scene from MP's Holy Grail....bring out your dead? (not quite dead yet) does it matter.....

Espescailly in the 3rd World countries where $500.00 USD is akin to a years salary for some people and to be offered x amount of dollars for your extra kidney, well...it's like having two of anything, as long as one works why not?

This is where "Cloning" ethics and morals clash, if the cloning method were to work, then harvesting organs from donors/non donors would be redundant.I believe that this scenario is not too far off, if the science and medical community can break away from the restraints placed on them by the beuracrats and the pharmaceautical companies who benefit from slow research, ......with the leaps and bounds in genetics, this will have to be considered.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

This is where "Cloning" ethics and morals clash, if the cloning method were to work, then harvesting organs from donors/non donors would be redundant.
    But the main problem thus far with this method, besides the whole moral quandry, is body rejection. The only method we currently have to assure that the transplant is a mtch and will not be rejected is to have the donor be a close realative. If we were to start cloning parts and organs, which i am all for, then they would have to clone your kidney if you needed a kidney transplant. This becomes and issue with the time it takes from starting the process to having a finished organ. Most people will die before thier organ is ready. Of course you could always "order" an organ years before you actually need it, but how many people go home and decide to get a kidney cloned "just in case' they need it. Plus the life span of any tissue not connected to the body is not as long as if it were in you. That could lead to people wanting to clone themselves to harvest what they need when they need it, which puts us right back into the moral mosh pit. But hey, as long as they are playing someting like Old Man's Child, I am all for jumping into that mosh pit.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

dead is dead, parts is parts....dead guy is parts.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

dead is dead, parts is parts....dead guy is parts.
    Sounds like something out of an extremely morbid Dr. Seus book.

Dead is dead

Parts are parts

Dead guy is parts

Money is greed

Dr has money

Dr is greedy

See Dr saw

Saw Dr Saw

See Dr saw dead guy parts

Seeing seven Drs saw seven dead guys parts, Sally starts sobbing slowly seeing Sam bieng sawed
    Benjamin Franklin