Thread: USB Key

AOs Resident Troll

USB Key

Well...I have a true story I would like to relate...

I bought a Kingston 512mb data traveller a few months ago.

I have always liked kingston products...I tend to be a brand person. Sales person was trying to sell me a 1gig key...but I went with the 512 cause it was Kingston.

My kids being at the age they are....wanted to help out mommy and spontaniously did some laundry.

My usb key...was washed and dried. I found it in the dryer....swore many times....took off the top and let it sit for 24hrs in the room with the gas fireplace. (nice and dry there)

Pluggged the thing in......and it works!!!!

Now I am not sure of the integrity of the device ....but I was\am amazed that it survived.

I use it manly for utilities, pics, etc to carry around...so there are copies of everything elsewhere..... I clean friends\family machines...when visiting...cause I usually hear

"I was wondering if you could look at my computer...its running really slow"

Anyway.........thats it.

I am amazed that the thing worked...after the abuse it was put threw.....

BTW...it has a 5 year warranty.......so next year when\if it fails...I am gonna try and get it replaced

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Hey little OT here, but just curious, why is it mommy's never check their own pockets, but yet they sure as heck check daddy's....

Now OT: That's pretty impressive that it went through a full wash cycle and is still humming along (should write to Kingston with the details, could be worth something?)

I use SanDisk Cruzer, and it's stuck on a big fat keychain, and the other half always makes sure my pockets are empty (funny notes, cash etc) don't think I'll test mine out anytime soon though
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

I've washed mine a couple of times... its even been through the dryer!!!

I'm not sure of the integrity but I've done it 3 times that I know about. I keep it in that little "change pocket" in my pants and I often forget to check that pocket when I wash clothes.

Anyway, after three washes and a dryer session later... it still works. I have a backup of all the data on there just in case though.

Oh, I have a Sony Microvault and the case is broken. Its held together with duct tape...

So, I can relate! lol
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AOs Resident Troll
    why is it mommy's never check their own pockets, but yet they sure as heck check daddy's....
    LOL....not too sure....but I dont check anyones pockets.......I guess I passed that training on to my kids

Did I happen to mention that I DETEST housework...of any kind....In my previous life (with my ex) we had cleaning ladies...and when I grew up we had live in nannies cause my mom worked full time.........so...housework is\was not way up on my priority list

Attached is my thought on the matter

I am still trying to budget that service into my monthly expenses

Phish...good to hear that they can take some abuse...

Duck tape...one of my favorite tools...along side with WD40

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer