Thread: Opera Mini web browser for mobile phones available worldwide for free!

Opera Mini web browser for mobile phones available worldwide for free!

Download details a http://www.opera.com. Anyone tried it? I'm using it on a Nokia 3220, far from a top model, and it looks good. The 90K Java app works with a remote server to provide your phone with "stripped down" web pages. It's the 1st time i've had a half-decent browsing experience on my phone. But will the security implications of this app stop it being more than just a toy?
    PUNK\'S NOT DEAD!!

its been around for some time now. have had an O2 xda set. got it with opera preloaded and has www.antionline.com as home page.

most of the pdas have opera only. well for nokia, its been using using opera since 6600 came out
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

Greeting's

I've tried Opera for mobile on series 60 and 80 mobile's (i.e. 6600, 3230, 6680, 6681). Works fine on my mobile.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

I've tried it both the S60 as well as the S80 platforms and apart from random crashes I've found it to be fairly satisfactory.I do however remember reading about an exploit for it somewhere..I'll try and browse around for a link.What security implications do you mean?

Cheers

What i mean is, the Opera Mini app is a client, which works with a remote server. Comms between the phone and server are insecure, so if u want to engage in sensitive online business it'd be simple for someone to intercept the data. This client-server setup makes OM even more insecure than cellular web browsing usually is, for instance with the Opera 8 used in s60s. OMs great, i'm using it now
    PUNK\'S NOT DEAD!!

I think there's some confusion here, Opera Mini is a java app that until very recently was only available in scandanavian countries, germany etc. Its not the same as the Opera browser thats been available for some time for s60s, smartphones etc. Its a 90K java app that runs on a nokia s40, the opera that u know wouldnt run on my phone. It looks great, is fairly functional, but is it just a toy?
    PUNK\'S NOT DEAD!!

He's right,

I have a K700i which until now was s*** on the net with the built in browser. But i got opera mini downloaded and running on it in minutes!

I now have proper pages, images and all, yay.

Basically you just open up your phones built in browser and go to http://mini.opera.com/

the phone did the rest.

Thanks for the link

Matt
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet