Thoughts on New Year Eve

Thread: Thoughts on New Year Eve

Thoughts on New Year Eve

Hi everybody on Antionline,

I am making this post here because of two main reasons:

1. Thank all AntiOnline members for the splendid work they are doing. Some of the wonderful
    threads are eye-openers for Newbies. Going through Some threads has completely changed my way of thinking.

2. Let you know that Hardcode121 is here and very regular to go through maximum possible
    posts made in various security forums.

I could have never imagined before that an unpatched OS could lead to someone's death. It
    may cause an old helpless person to lose all his life's savings. Network Vulnerabilities may
    lead to horrible results. Since the last six months I was going through various threads and
    forwarding some ideas to my management also.

You know what.... They have promoted me to the post of Manager Marketing Research.. that
    means I can utilize the new ideas to mould strategies of my organization for betterment of
    their business as well as serve my personal goal of contributing for the community also. The
    directions suggested in these forums has compelled me to opt a goal for a noble cause also.
    That is a goal to serve knowledge community as a whole. Support what is right and condemn
    the evil and wrong.

All members here nihil, msmittens, the_horse13, ht_regz, the_jinx, mathgirl, egalagiest, Texan, dalek, gore, tiger_shark...... are wonderful people. Plz dont mind if I omitted someone here. After all its a newbie posting here.

My greetings to Nihil, the_jinx and egalagiest for some interaction that we have already
    had. Especially the_jinx, he suggested me the ubuntu distro. I applied for some copies and
    here it is. I received a complete bundle of CDs to use and distribute. I used this opportunity and distributed them among all my friends and also to IT departments of some local colleges. Now We are advocating for the adoption of open source movement in my community. This is our resolution in the New year to promote open source software, avoid piracy, work to make our networks more secure and help to educate people about their benefits.

lo I have said it now.... Best wishes to everybody on Antionline for the New Year.
    For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Lets make Poverty a History
    http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/

********** |ceWriterguy
    My thoughts on New Year's Eve:

"Where's the beer?"

"Who brought the belly dancers and when will they perform?"

"Wow Mrs |ce looks zecksi in that costume..."

The rest of my New Year's Eve thoughts I leave to thine own imagination.

I could have never imagined before that an unpatched OS could lead to someone's death. It
    may cause an old helpless person to lose all his life's savings.
    Yep, and there are things worse than death and loss of money too, most especially in a frontier whos bounds are limited only by one's imagination. I'm sure you can think of a few if you try.

Belated welcome to AO Hardcode.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi hardcore121,

A Happy New Year as well!

And I'm very glad you've gotten a well rounded perspective here and hope next year will be even better!

Eg