US planning strike against Iran?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US planning strike against Iran?

US planning strike against Iran?

The United States government reportedly began coordinating with NATO its plans for a possible military attack against Iran.
    The German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel collected various reports from the German media indicating that the North Atlantic Treaty Organization are examining the prospects of such a strike.
    According to the report, CIA Director Porter Goss, in his last visit to Turkey on December 12, requested Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to provide military bases to the United States in 2006 from where they would be able to launch an assault.
    Full Story
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi Tedob,

What a waste!

I fully supported our action in going into Afghanistan after 9/11...however...they've bulloxed everything up since they left on the first day.

Afghanistan was a failure...we are still there and still no sign of Bin Laden...the mission failed....the mission was not to bring democracy and oust the Taliban...the mission was to capture Bin Laden.

So...to direct people's attention from that failure...' spin ' ...Iraq looked like an easy target ( after all Daddy did it )...again failure...sure they captured Saddam, but Saddam was considered an idiot and still is by most Middle East Countries, a violent idiot, but still an idiot...so...they captured an idiot...and the troops are still there.

So...now Iran?

Which will probably be the biggest failure of them all...and the most dangerous.

What would I have done??? Took advantage of the worldwide support they did have after 9/11 and went into Afghanistan with everything available, starting from the borders and working inward, the good old choke hold method...destroying everything in the path...until there was nothing left and Bin Laden was found...and if it was found that he managed to escape before the troops surrounded the Country...then...a 300 million dollar bounty would eventually find him...and I'd use his own money frozen in accounts and assets to pay the bounty.

Eg

If all of this is true....then I suppose better late then never.........IMO, when the US invaded IRAQ, they shoud have turned right as they were going through Kuwait, and made a beehive to Tehran, Saddam wasn't going anywhere and his WMD were not as advanced as what Iran's are....and it isn't as if the Ayotollahs are making it hard for anyone to not run in there and shut them up, better the US then Israel, cause if they have to do it, then the whole mid east will go up....

Pretty ironic this whole situation though, when you think about it...for years the US supported Iraq and the USSR supported (still does) Iran, espescially when they went to war against each other 1980's, both sides (US/USA) intelligence agencies (CIA/KGB) heavily involved in the education of Iraq's and Iran's security services.....so much so that for all of the meddling (the UK is just as responsible) in the middle east, it is now coming back to haunt us.

If the World wasn't so damn dependant on that black stuff (oil that is jed) this area would be a cesspool to avoid, nothing there would attract the attention of anyone, let alone developers, so for what it's worth, all of this comes down to the Oil Barons they are the one's responible for all of this crap....

Would Rommel really care about North Africa, or would England and France give a sh*t about the Suez, would we have really gone to the aid of those Kuwaiti's (who could give a rats ass about us) if this wasn't about "oil", would the US have placed an ******* like the Shah of Iran in place, would the Soviets have really invaded Afghanistan......

[facetiousness]Myself I am sick and tired of the whole show, personally I would pull all of the troops and contractors out of the Middle East, and then I would target in order Syria,Saudi Arabia,Iraq,Iran,Libya,Egypt and proceed to drop a couple of Hydrogen Bombs, turn the desert into one big freaking parking lot, set up a couple of truckstops (Oasis's) after the dust settles of course [facetiousness]

Edit: before I drop the bombs I would give all decent human beings from these territories 24hrs to remove themselves...fair warning given.(leave their attititudes and weapons behind)
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Well if that is true we ought to just to do the whole damn thing at once. We'll take Iran, someone else take Lybia, someone else take Syria, someone else clean up Saudi, etc. The rules, you keep what you take. I would imagine about now the French want in on some a$$ whoppin' after the terriorist burn them for two weeks. So let's just git-r-done and stop this BS. Then we can isolate North Korea and do a let's make a deal, for your life. Pakistan and India are going to nuke each other anyway so we don't have to worry about them....
    Connection refused, try again later.

The sad thing is that George wasted so much of his
    credibility crying wolf about WMD in Iraq, but Iran
    is the real deal. Some experts think they will have
    nuclear weapons as soon as March.

I predict we will do nothing, but Israel may act. Their survival
    is at stake. If no one acts, Iran will hold Europe hostage,
    and the balance of power will shift. Neither Russia nor China
    sees the danger, but the fact is that they are more vulnerable
    than we are.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

and the plot thickens:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...965140,00.html

looks like someone believes were going to act!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Stupid, Stupid move. Iran has nukes. They WILL use them. Thanks a lot Mr. President.

P.S. On Saudi Arabia. They would be even dumber to attack than Iran they support our county with trillions of dollars invested. They pull out our economy crashes. Nuf said.
    The answer to all how to questions: Very carefully with a large stick.

\"Dogs f***ed the Pope. No fault of mine.\" Hunter S. Thompson

P.S. On Saudi Arabia. They would be even dumber to attack than Iran they support our county with trillions of dollars
    They also train terrorists (9/11), but I think it's the other way around, we spend billions on buying their oil, so I doubt very much if North America would lose much sleep if we lost Saudi Arabia as a "trading partner?".................. Also Iran does not have weapons grade nuclear capability just yet, this is why there may indeed be a pre-emptive strike by someone...

I agree with rcgreen, I just think that the Israeli's won't wait around and hold the leash like the last time George Sr asked them to when Saddam launched those missiles at Israel....they are more then equipped to handle any of the idiot nations that circle them....and with muscle........
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Originally posted here by Gir
    Stupid, Stupid move. Iran has nukes. They WILL use them. Thanks a lot Mr. President.

P.S. On Saudi Arabia. They would be even dumber to attack than Iran they support our county with trillions of dollars invested. They pull out our economy crashes. Nuf said.

Maybe iran has a nuke or two stashed away maybe not. better to hit them now than when they have thirty or forty. when they have them they WILL use them. at least now they really dont have an effective means to deliver them.

if by saudi support you mean buying control in american buisnesses and spending billions trying to subvert the american muslim population then i guess they do. notice i say american muslims not muslims in america. the latter is what the saudies would have.

I say, the US should have nothing to do with this. For the last several decades the US has been the arms, legs, and head of the UN; policing the world and doing all of the world's dirty work at their pleading and bickering. The world however has made it expressly clear in the past few years that they don't want the US to do this anymore. Sooooooo, I say let NATO deal with Iran if they feel threatened. When I say NATO, I mean Europe. After all, the US and Canada really have no business being part of that with the dissolution of the USSR and Europe being able to stand up by itself once more.

Hell, I'd like the US to go back to it's pre-WWI stance of near isolationism. We made our products, we bettered our own country, didn't involve ourselves in foriegn wars, and etc. If the USA has any hand in Iran, regardless of the outcome, we'll take all of the blame. Even after the nukes are removed and threat averted, the Arabs will blame the damn yankee pigs, and the Europeans that held the hand of the US every step of the way will cop-out and turn their back on us as per usual.

If the Jews, Arabs, Muslims, and Hindus alike want to nuke eachother strait to Abaddon, let them I say! Once the whole Middle East has plastered itself into a state of nulcear winter, maybe at last there will be peace in the middle east.
    [/rant]

It feels good to express your inner-most cynical SOB sometimes.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic