Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Linux/Unix Vulnerabilities Outnumber Windows' 3 To 1

Interesting post on Bugtraq on this issue

There is an interesting post on Bugtraq from Steve Christey, CVE Editor titled
    Open Letter on the Interpretation of "Vulnerability Statistics"
    See:

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive.../30/0/threaded

An update which also confirms almost everything we've discussed in this thread:

Experts question Windows win in flaw tally

The article also quotes a few important people from companies like Secunia and Red Hat - so overall it is a nice read as a companion to this topic.

Over and out.

Also remember Linux is a much more flexible setup. Its not like windows where the backbone is the same in everything and theres just 3rd party software trying to cover it up.

Also remember Linux is a much more flexible setup. Its not like windows where the backbone is the same in everything and theres just 3rd party software trying to cover it up.
    Hi neoific,
    I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. Believe me, I like Linux But what specifically do you mean when you say "Linux is a much more flexible setup"?

Thanks.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

I think he means that there is so much variation from one distribution to another that it is, in some cases, very difficult for malware to affect a broad range of Linux distributions. I agree with this, to a certain extent - although, it does not have that much of an effect when there is a specific service being exploited.

See this post: http://jeremy.linuxquestions.org/blo...5/1603140.html

And, I'd just like to point something out.. neoific - please read the FAQ. This thread is over five months old! Please do not reply to posts with flashing dates (see the FAQ for a more complete explanation).

Cheers,

-jk