View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Student accused of trying to crash school's computer system

codenamevirus

How was the kid able to relate his website to the school's server?
    Just click on the link in my post above yours and it will take you straight there

I don't think the attack was very technical or subtle. Set up website, post link to school site, get all your friends to login to your website and click the link.

I suppose he thought that it would act like a proxy?...................silly boy!

Have a little word with his mommy
    Be glad to have a little word with his mommy just before they through his a$$ in with Bubba (his new mommy).

Come on now, he knew exactly what he was doing! Do the crime do the time. It's that simple.
    Connection refused, try again later.

BIOS Bomber
    or one thing teachers a just morons and dont know what there talking about or doing. im just used to that over here.
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

or one thing teachers a just morons and dont know what there talking about or doing
    The school don't seem to have made any comment, so I doubt if the teaching staff were involved. With a DoS attack it would be the admins and the cops.

the real question is not whether or not its a crime to DoS the school or whether it was destructive, but whether or not he knowingly commited the crime. I see this in mock trial cases all the time. The prosecution needs to lay a foundation that the student knew what he was doing (probably, if he could set up a web site he cant be THAT unintelligent) and the end result/affects.
    if God was willing to live all out for us, why aren't we willing to live all out for Him? God bless,
    Godsrock37
    my home my forum

I don't necessarily want to see his nads cut off. However alot of the problems we are having almost everywhere are directly related to discipline. Whether that is in the civil, school, home, etc., environment. If we don't start holding folks accountable as is appropriate for the offenses, then we better find a cave to live in, the guano will be hitting the mixmaster!

cheers

Banned
    personally i think this sort of thing should be handled by the school officials. a kid throwing a water baloon in the computer lab could may more dmg then what this kid tried to do.

If he would have only thrown a water balloon in class they could have. He used commercial telephone lines, etc., to commit the offense. It is way beyond the school's authority. He jumped way over them. We're talking, FCC, Government etc.,

cheers

Plus if you don't send a message, so that others take heed, it becomes open season on the schools site....

This kid obviously knew what he was attempting to do, and I have to assume (seeing as how he is in high school) that he was smart enough to know right from wrong????
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Shows how good school computers are.
    Well...its not gonna get much better than linux!