Hello,

I am running out of options here and Symantec has discontinued its support of the LC5 tool. Besides, everytime I did ask them the following, all I ever got was boilerplate responses. Anyway, I thought I should turn to the real experts.

I am using LC5 and we have paid for the Administrator licesne. For our Penetration Testing, there are three of us that use the different computers. Each computer has its own instance of LC5 installed, each with its own license key. On each machine, all three of us are listed in the Administrator group and have each tried installing the product on our own on at least one machine.

OK, so here is the issue. When our boss logs onto the machine, she gets the Administrator version while we get the Professional version. This is the same on every machine. Not that I really care too much about the name, but the Professional version is not allowed to hash table cracking. Additionally we cannot do Hash table generation because of this.

This is blowing my mind as there is NO diffence (as far as I can tell) on the machines between the three of us. The only thing I can think of is that my boss is the one who bought the license and therefore gets that version. She assures us though that she never gave her (local) account name to Symantec... so how would it even know???

If anyone uses LC5 and has ever seen this or is you think you might have an idea, I am open for suggestions.

Disclaimer: We paid decent money to get the licenses for the program and we have every intention on using it. If your answer includes using a freeware password cracking program anything along those lines, please keep them to yourselves as they will not help us at this time. Besides, we already have other options such as John the Ripper. (Sorry, I couldnt help myself.)