Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IRC Proxy

From my reading, that ban you are trying to set needs a mask plus the channel name, and it is not for what you think it is, it is setting a ban on a user for that channel. So in other words, you must have the authority to set a ban on that channel, such as channel ops for it to even be of any good, I don't believe this is the variable you are needing.

You might want to look into using something other type proxy such as squid and content filter to stop any string containing the channel name to pass thru the connection. Have a look at this Here

Never tried this module, so I'm not 100% sure (I have tried squid and it is quite effective)

One last thing to bring up, bouncers for the most part are written and used to help mask the actual host you are coming from, a form of protection and deceit, not written to proxy users for filtering and monitoring purposes.
    There are two rules for success in life:
    Rule 1: Don't tell people everything you know.

Ah, good idea. I'll look into that. Thank you very much for your help. I agree, I was probably misunderstanding what that variable was being used for.

Thank you again everyone. Opus, you're the man. Definitely above and beyond. Thanks again. ;-)