ATI Radeon Mobility 9600/9700 problem

Thread: ATI Radeon Mobility 9600/9700 problem

Hi,

My laptop has an inbuilt ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700, but I have recently been having a problem. When I boot up into Windows, instead of the native 32-bit on a 1280x800 resolution screen it becomes 8-bit. I then have to change it back to 32-bit in Properties, but it reverts to 8-bit after a restart. The graphics still aren't as good as they used to be anyway.

So, I thought I'd update the driver - but the problem is that the ATI driver page is fairly useless, because I just cannot find the driver. The Mobililty Radeon 9700 page isn't too helpful either - there is quite a lot of software available for download, but not the driver!

Anyway, I was just hoping someone could help me out. Thanks in advance!

Hi,

My laptop has an inbuilt ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700, but I have recently been having a problem. When I boot up into Windows, instead of the native 32-bit on a 1280x800 resolution screen it becomes 8-bit. I then have to change it back to 32-bit in Properties, but it reverts to 8-bit after a restart. The graphics still aren't as good as they used to be anyway.

So, I thought I'd update the driver - but the problem is that the ATI driver page is fairly useless, because I just cannot find the driver. The Mobililty Radeon 9700 page isn't too helpful either - there is quite a lot of software available for download, but not the driver!

Anyway, I was just hoping someone could help me out. Thanks in advance!

AOs Resident Troll
    Did you try going to the laptop manufacturer???

...they usually have the drivers specific to your laptop.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

AOs Resident Troll
    Did you try going to the laptop manufacturer???

...they usually have the drivers specific to your laptop.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Or you can try you mobo manufacturer since you say you have onboard video. Thats where i had to go when i needed to update the drivers for my onboard video card.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Or you can try you mobo manufacturer since you say you have onboard video. Thats where i had to go when i needed to update the drivers for my onboard video card.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Just Another Geek

Re: ATI Radeon Mobility 9600/9700 problem

Originally posted here by pliboss
    So, I thought I'd update the driver - but the problem is that the ATI driver page is fairly useless, because I just cannot find the driver.
    Odd I just clicked on the "Catalyst 5.13 Windows XP - Driver download" link and it gave me a page were I can download a full package (control center and driver) or just the driver..

NB ATI Catalyst drivers are usually "one size fits all"
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just Another Geek

Re: ATI Radeon Mobility 9600/9700 problem

Originally posted here by pliboss
    So, I thought I'd update the driver - but the problem is that the ATI driver page is fairly useless, because I just cannot find the driver.
    Odd I just clicked on the "Catalyst 5.13 Windows XP - Driver download" link and it gave me a page were I can download a full package (control center and driver) or just the driver..

NB ATI Catalyst drivers are usually "one size fits all"
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My advice is just get the driver and stuff catalyst.................too many problems with that crap

I will not buy their cards until they sort themselves

My advice is just get the driver and stuff catalyst.................too many problems with that crap

I will not buy their cards until they sort themselves