Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Mac that isn't bad

Hey Hey,

I think you got this thread backwards.... Theren's no such thing as a bad mac..

We've got a bunch at work... from First Gen G4s, up to Dual 2.2 G5s... OS X is great... I've got a 300Mhz Clamshell iBook and a 350Mhz iMac... The iBook is running Ubuntu and the iMac is running Classic (OS 9.2.1)... Both work beautifully

The New Quad G5s (Dual Dual Core Procs (That's a wonderful statement))... they're great...

The MacBook Pro (is awesome) and the new iMac Intel-based is out performing the old G5s.. They're all Dual Core... it's great..

Mac is making a huge come back... and with more and more *nix distributions becoming available for it.. I think it's the way that you could see a lot of geeks going in the future. They already control the graphics, video, audio markets... I know some friends who are doing a lot of gaming on Macs... They've got the processing power to kick some serious ass...

As for the magnetic power cord... they're great... Our deepfryer has one.. it can really save your ass..

Peace,
    HT

Hey Hey,

I think you got this thread backwards.... Theren's no such thing as a bad mac..

We've got a bunch at work... from First Gen G4s, up to Dual 2.2 G5s... OS X is great... I've got a 300Mhz Clamshell iBook and a 350Mhz iMac... The iBook is running Ubuntu and the iMac is running Classic (OS 9.2.1)... Both work beautifully

The New Quad G5s (Dual Dual Core Procs (That's a wonderful statement))... they're great...

The MacBook Pro (is awesome) and the new iMac Intel-based is out performing the old G5s.. They're all Dual Core... it's great..

Mac is making a huge come back... and with more and more *nix distributions becoming available for it.. I think it's the way that you could see a lot of geeks going in the future. They already control the graphics, video, audio markets... I know some friends who are doing a lot of gaming on Macs... They've got the processing power to kick some serious ass...

As for the magnetic power cord... they're great... Our deepfryer has one.. it can really save your ass..

Peace,
    HT

BANNED
    Yeah. Yeah. Macs. Bill was like damn the only company keeping me from being a monopoly is going under I better bail their <censored> out.
    I dunno I can't afford to breath on one of those pricey <censored>. So I'll just stick with what I got. But I really don't see how they can treat them like they are worth their wheight in gold.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

BANNED
    Yeah. Yeah. Macs. Bill was like damn the only company keeping me from being a monopoly is going under I better bail their <censored> out.
    I dunno I can't afford to breath on one of those pricey <censored>. So I'll just stick with what I got. But I really don't see how they can treat them like they are worth their wheight in gold.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Blast From the Past
    i always wondered how it seems macs run on less CPU and ram than a windows machine... but are more expensive

on that same note... i wonder how they run on less CPU and ram at all!!.... i know XP is a resource hog... if resources = carbohydrates, Dr. Atkins would sue... but is mac that much better with resour ce allocation?

seems like windows you can never have enough ram, and even though you have a 3gig processor programs can still take forever to load

got a job now... plan on buying a powerbook asap
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Blast From the Past
    i always wondered how it seems macs run on less CPU and ram than a windows machine... but are more expensive

on that same note... i wonder how they run on less CPU and ram at all!!.... i know XP is a resource hog... if resources = carbohydrates, Dr. Atkins would sue... but is mac that much better with resour ce allocation?

seems like windows you can never have enough ram, and even though you have a 3gig processor programs can still take forever to load

got a job now... plan on buying a powerbook asap
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

AFLAAACKKK!!
    That's what defrag, error-checking, and disk cleanup is for .
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

AFLAAACKKK!!
    That's what defrag, error-checking, and disk cleanup is for .
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Aaahhh, Mac OSX ... Its the damn best OS I've ever worked with.

I have a Mac Mini @ home and I love it. Its easy, its stable, its fast and you can control it.
    I believe Apple would do sever damage to the Microsoft monopoly if they would sell the OS seperately, although then they would need to allow thirdparty drivers and **** ...

Well its a whole seperate discussion ...

And gore, yes thats indeed a laptop to drool about

Cheers

Aaahhh, Mac OSX ... Its the damn best OS I've ever worked with.

I have a Mac Mini @ home and I love it. Its easy, its stable, its fast and you can control it.
    I believe Apple would do sever damage to the Microsoft monopoly if they would sell the OS seperately, although then they would need to allow thirdparty drivers and **** ...

Well its a whole seperate discussion ...

And gore, yes thats indeed a laptop to drool about

Cheers