DVD-RW problem..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVD-RW problem..

DVD-RW problem..

I finally got my DVD-RW and managed to get my two hard drives and DVD-RW drive all working. When I boot up, everything is perfect, however as I use the computer more, the DVD-RW drive doesn't eject if there is a CD inside. I tried pressing the eject button several times, doesn't work, tried via My Computer, doesn't work. What could possibly be wrong? However I can still play the DVD inside, view it's contents, etc. but I cannot eject it.

My initial guess was that it is a PSU issue, but that can't be it, since I havent ADDED anything new, I just replaced a CD-RW drive with a DVD-RW drive. I can imagine that a DVD-RW would use more power, but it shouldn't be THAT much. Besides, it still works, meaning the PSU still has enough to power the lasers and etc. Also, when I restart, everthing goes back to normal for a while..Any help/Comments?
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

DVD-RW problem..

I finally got my DVD-RW and managed to get my two hard drives and DVD-RW drive all working. When I boot up, everything is perfect, however as I use the computer more, the DVD-RW drive doesn't eject if there is a CD inside. I tried pressing the eject button several times, doesn't work, tried via My Computer, doesn't work. What could possibly be wrong? However I can still play the DVD inside, view it's contents, etc. but I cannot eject it.

My initial guess was that it is a PSU issue, but that can't be it, since I havent ADDED anything new, I just replaced a CD-RW drive with a DVD-RW drive. I can imagine that a DVD-RW would use more power, but it shouldn't be THAT much. Besides, it still works, meaning the PSU still has enough to power the lasers and etc. Also, when I restart, everthing goes back to normal for a while..Any help/Comments?
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Have you tried manually ejecting the DVD? there should be a tiny little hole on the front of the DVD bay, use a pin or something and push it into the hole, it should eject the Tray.
    I am also thinking that it would also be the DVD that you are using, i'm thinking that it might not be compatible with the DVD drive.
    So it would spin up but when you want to eject it, you will recieve all sorts of grief.
    Also have you tried ejecting the disk once the computer is shutting down? Or when you very first turn it on, try to eject it when your at the Bios screen or something..

just a few thoughts.

cheers
    front2back

Have you tried manually ejecting the DVD? there should be a tiny little hole on the front of the DVD bay, use a pin or something and push it into the hole, it should eject the Tray.
    I am also thinking that it would also be the DVD that you are using, i'm thinking that it might not be compatible with the DVD drive.
    So it would spin up but when you want to eject it, you will recieve all sorts of grief.
    Also have you tried ejecting the disk once the computer is shutting down? Or when you very first turn it on, try to eject it when your at the Bios screen or something..

just a few thoughts.

cheers
    front2back

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    make sure that all drivers are up to date
    does it open / close manually WITHOUT media in it ?
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    make sure that all drivers are up to date
    does it open / close manually WITHOUT media in it ?
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Hi,

I had a very similar problem.

I had a creative DVD drive that was 2 years old. Basically one day i put a dvd in watched it and then the thing wouldn't eject, I took the DVD out manually as F2B suggest, and just figured it had issues with that DVD. Well next time i put a CD in that i always use, ran fine and then again wouldn't eject.

I tried a whole lot of things including checking all connections etc, but the thing just wouldn't eject when there was something in it. In the end as it was out of warranty i had to bin it, it was just fortunate that A) it was only a DVD reader and not writer, and B) a mate had a spare that he was didn't want, gave it to me for free, and its been going strong for the past 2 years.

Probably not an answer you're looking for but its all i got...
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet

Hi,

I had a very similar problem.

I had a creative DVD drive that was 2 years old. Basically one day i put a dvd in watched it and then the thing wouldn't eject, I took the DVD out manually as F2B suggest, and just figured it had issues with that DVD. Well next time i put a CD in that i always use, ran fine and then again wouldn't eject.

I tried a whole lot of things including checking all connections etc, but the thing just wouldn't eject when there was something in it. In the end as it was out of warranty i had to bin it, it was just fortunate that A) it was only a DVD reader and not writer, and B) a mate had a spare that he was didn't want, gave it to me for free, and its been going strong for the past 2 years.

Probably not an answer you're looking for but its all i got...
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet

No, once I restart, I can eject it normally. I thought about the manual ejection but first wanted to see you're comments. I also tried with 2 DVDs (both 'bootleg'), one just didn't play, I had to restart to eject it, the second one, played but wasn't able to eject it.

EDIT: Manual ejection doesn't work.

No, once I restart, I can eject it normally. I thought about the manual ejection but first wanted to see you're comments. I also tried with 2 DVDs (both 'bootleg'), one just didn't play, I had to restart to eject it, the second one, played but wasn't able to eject it.

EDIT: Manual ejection doesn't work.