Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what programmes read the GZ files

HTRegz ur links are assume.... i thought for a while ill get a website...... but still dont get it why my pc cant' read those files i downlaod for prel????
    and what i did is that when i click on the file to open it says serch for a program through the web and i did and found out winzip open them but i needed free program so i found JustZipit and i downlaod it but it wasnot what i want it's a prgoram called free downlaod center.... what the hell was that????

HTRegz ur links are assume.... i thought for a while ill get a website...... but still dont get it why my pc cant' read those files i downlaod for prel????
    and what i did is that when i click on the file to open it says serch for a program through the web and i did and found out winzip open them but i needed free program so i found JustZipit and i downlaod it but it wasnot what i want it's a prgoram called free downlaod center.... what the hell was that????

Hey, AmRocker1, I think Agent_Steal has the links you need. 7-Zip is pretty good, and WinZip is available for a 30-day evaluation. Either will get the files uncompressed. If you are trying to get the Perl package, and you are using Windows, you want to get the .msi package instead.

Hey, AmRocker1, I think Agent_Steal has the links you need. 7-Zip is pretty good, and WinZip is available for a 30-day evaluation. Either will get the files uncompressed. If you are trying to get the Perl package, and you are using Windows, you want to get the .msi package instead.

Maybe he is trying to run perl scripts ??? But is not able because he doesn't have the compiler installed ... Correct me if I am wrong ...

Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Maybe he is trying to run perl scripts ??? But is not able because he doesn't have the compiler installed ... Correct me if I am wrong ...

Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

WinZip is ok, but i suggest WinRar. its a lot nicer of a program in my opinion and it doesn't have any sort of trial only version. Plus it seems that WinZip doesn't read WinRar zipped files, but WinRar can read WinZip files. SO you can effectively "double zip" a file by zipping it with WinRar and then zipping that zipped file with WinZip. Of course the usefullness of this really only becomes measureable with large files to begin with.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

WinZip is ok, but i suggest WinRar. its a lot nicer of a program in my opinion and it doesn't have any sort of trial only version. Plus it seems that WinZip doesn't read WinRar zipped files, but WinRar can read WinZip files. SO you can effectively "double zip" a file by zipping it with WinRar and then zipping that zipped file with WinZip. Of course the usefullness of this really only becomes measureable with large files to begin with.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin