Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Windows Vuln. worse than WMF?

Yup, had all of those _early_ personal computers:

Vic 20 (with tape deck, 6-port card expansion)
    Radio Shack TRS-80 (fondly nicknamed _Trash 80_)
    Timex Sinclair TI99/4a
    Commodore 64 (with 2 5.25'' disk drives, modem - ran own BBS...remember those)
    Texas Instruments TI 99/4A (http://www.vintage-computer.com/ti_99_4a.shtml)

Either I'm old or I'm a geek...err I think I'm both. [me guesses lot of the youngin's here on AO are laughing at me right now]

ah the good ole days....snicker

Timex Sinclair TI99/4a

Either I'm old or I'm a geek...err I think I'm both. [me guesses lot of the youngin's here on AO are laughing at me right now]

I don't know if this is worse or not... from what I've gathered, while this exploit has almost zero interaction involved, the WMF exploit targets basically everything from Windows 3.1 up. Moreover, since the WINE project basically copied the Windows API, it effects that as well (but not so badly as the native API, as WINE can be/usually is sandboxed during operation).

Thoughts?
    I\'m back.

I don't know if this is worse or not... from what I've gathered, while this exploit has almost zero interaction involved, the WMF exploit targets basically everything from Windows 3.1 up. Moreover, since the WINE project basically copied the Windows API, it effects that as well (but not so badly as the native API, as WINE can be/usually is sandboxed during operation).

Thoughts?
    I\'m back.

Originally posted here by ric-o

Timex Sinclair TI99/4a

Hey Hey,

This is completely off topic.. but I think it's worth mentioning.... I'm still young (23 for those that don't know)... but for Christmas my gf got me, among other things, the Atari Flashback 2... They released the first one last year and the second one this year... it's basically a cheap knock off of the atari with 40 games stored in ROM on it.. you can't change the game but other than that it's a complete system... you select from a menu on startup and then it's like having the real atari... It's pretty sweet... I wanna get Flashback 1 that they released last year.. but that's besides the point.. My roommate had a friend over last night so I asked if they wanted to play pong (it's one of the games)... she had no clue what I was talking about.. and even he had never played it... It's the original code so it's got the clipping problem in the corners of the screen and everything... they looked at me like I was crazy... I just thought it was funny that people wouldn't knowwhat PONG is.

Peace,
    HT

Originally posted here by ric-o

Timex Sinclair TI99/4a

Hey Hey,

This is completely off topic.. but I think it's worth mentioning.... I'm still young (23 for those that don't know)... but for Christmas my gf got me, among other things, the Atari Flashback 2... They released the first one last year and the second one this year... it's basically a cheap knock off of the atari with 40 games stored in ROM on it.. you can't change the game but other than that it's a complete system... you select from a menu on startup and then it's like having the real atari... It's pretty sweet... I wanna get Flashback 1 that they released last year.. but that's besides the point.. My roommate had a friend over last night so I asked if they wanted to play pong (it's one of the games)... she had no clue what I was talking about.. and even he had never played it... It's the original code so it's got the clipping problem in the corners of the screen and everything... they looked at me like I was crazy... I just thought it was funny that people wouldn't knowwhat PONG is.

Peace,
    HT