CERTS warn of Java exploits

Thread: CERTS warn of Java exploits

Banned

The CERTS are warning of exploits for the java vulnerabilities from November 2005. The ISC has the details and a link to the SUN site, in case you haven't updated your java environment since November.

http://isc.sans.org/

fun stuff!

Banned

The CERTS are warning of exploits for the java vulnerabilities from November 2005. The ISC has the details and a link to the SUN site, in case you haven't updated your java environment since November.

http://isc.sans.org/

fun stuff!

Hi Rapier ,

Obviously updating is the thing to do, but for those using Firefox there is a script blocking plug-in that might help as well.

It is a handy way to allow scripting site by site. For example AO needs Java for full functionality.

I have been using it for a couple of weeks now with no observed problems.

Hi Rapier ,

Obviously updating is the thing to do, but for those using Firefox there is a script blocking plug-in that might help as well.

It is a handy way to allow scripting site by site. For example AO needs Java for full functionality.

I have been using it for a couple of weeks now with no observed problems.

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    I'm with Nihil on this one. NoScript for FireFox is nice. Not only does it let you decide to block script for a site but, it breaks down where each script is coming from. So let's say you go to www.fakesite.com and there's some script in there from doubleclick.net. Well the beauty is you can select to accept fakesite's script but deny doubleclick.net's. It's even easier to turn it back on if you lose functionality on the site. It automatically reloads the page as you select/unselect different scripts so you can even see what script is doing what on the site. I love this program.

jesus. my apolgies. I didn't think my link www.fakesite.com was a real site but indeed it is. go figure but, you should get my jist about what I'm saying anyways.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    I'm with Nihil on this one. NoScript for FireFox is nice. Not only does it let you decide to block script for a site but, it breaks down where each script is coming from. So let's say you go to www.fakesite.com and there's some script in there from doubleclick.net. Well the beauty is you can select to accept fakesite's script but deny doubleclick.net's. It's even easier to turn it back on if you lose functionality on the site. It automatically reloads the page as you select/unselect different scripts so you can even see what script is doing what on the site. I love this program.

jesus. my apolgies. I didn't think my link www.fakesite.com was a real site but indeed it is. go figure but, you should get my jist about what I'm saying anyways.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton