Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want a 2nd wife? Move to Canada!

********** |ceWriterguy

Want a 2nd wife? Move to Canada!

From here:

http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchas...legalizing.php

Friday, January 13, 2006

Canadian study recommends legalizing polygamy
    Nishat Hasan at 11:36 AM ET

A study commissioned by the Canadian Justice Department and obtained by Canadian Press has urged the Canadian federal government to legalize polygamy to help protect women and children in those relationships. Section 293 of the Canadian Criminal Code currently bans polygamy, although a few Canadian provinces give limited recognition to foreign polygamous marriages for spousal support. The study, authored by three law professors at Ontario's Queen's University Faculty of Law, was prompted in part by concerns by British Columbia authorities about whether they should charge members of the Bountiful religious community in Creston, BC, which practices polygamy openly. The Canadian parliament legalized same-sex marriage [JURIST report] across Canada in 2005. Canadian Press has more.
    Now you all know I've long supported this, so long as a person has the ability to financially, physically, and emotionally support multiple spouses, so I'll leave it here for discussion.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

********** |ceWriterguy

Want a 2nd wife? Move to Canada!

From here:

http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchas...legalizing.php

Friday, January 13, 2006

Canadian study recommends legalizing polygamy
    Nishat Hasan at 11:36 AM ET

A study commissioned by the Canadian Justice Department and obtained by Canadian Press has urged the Canadian federal government to legalize polygamy to help protect women and children in those relationships. Section 293 of the Canadian Criminal Code currently bans polygamy, although a few Canadian provinces give limited recognition to foreign polygamous marriages for spousal support. The study, authored by three law professors at Ontario's Queen's University Faculty of Law, was prompted in part by concerns by British Columbia authorities about whether they should charge members of the Bountiful religious community in Creston, BC, which practices polygamy openly. The Canadian parliament legalized same-sex marriage [JURIST report] across Canada in 2005. Canadian Press has more.
    Now you all know I've long supported this, so long as a person has the ability to financially, physically, and emotionally support multiple spouses, so I'll leave it here for discussion.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

No thanks..."One" is enough oh right I'm allready in Canada........well in that case, maybe one on the West Coast and one on the East Coast, (lots of Kilometers in between, so the odds of both meeting have to be huge).

I know it mentions that group out West, but I think it also has something to do with the immigrants we get from places that have "harems"??or multiple headaches,, I mean spouses.....

Probably not worth the taxpayers money to continue to try and bring these things to court.If it's to be, then hey, to each their own......
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

No thanks..."One" is enough oh right I'm allready in Canada........well in that case, maybe one on the West Coast and one on the East Coast, (lots of Kilometers in between, so the odds of both meeting have to be huge).

I know it mentions that group out West, but I think it also has something to do with the immigrants we get from places that have "harems"??or multiple headaches,, I mean spouses.....

Probably not worth the taxpayers money to continue to try and bring these things to court.If it's to be, then hey, to each their own......
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

********** |ceWriterguy
    Heh. A certain religious group in the US has been doing it for years, albeit illegally. Although conservative, I believe that legalization of polygamy should take place, along with legal recognition of homosexual marriages.

My question is what comes next after those? I've heard that in Missouri it's legal to have carnal knowledge of animals - a search through their supreme court cases only turns up slander suits involving accusations though, so that's not confirmed. (although there's a VERY interesting case involving the definition of the word F*** in there). Will there come a day when Ted the Hick is allowed to marry his chicken? If he married his goat too would it be polyganimality? :lol:

********** |ceWriterguy
    Heh. A certain religious group in the US has been doing it for years, albeit illegally. Although conservative, I believe that legalization of polygamy should take place, along with legal recognition of homosexual marriages.

My question is what comes next after those? I've heard that in Missouri it's legal to have carnal knowledge of animals - a search through their supreme court cases only turns up slander suits involving accusations though, so that's not confirmed. (although there's a VERY interesting case involving the definition of the word F*** in there). Will there come a day when Ted the Hick is allowed to marry his chicken? If he married his goat too would it be polyganimality? :lol:

Hi lce,

What's going to happen is Canadian women wont go for it, because they're not culturally raised for it....so...you'll end up having these shieks ( and other people who were raised to accept this ) bringing over their harems...who will then ( or their children ) become assimulated by our culture and then won't go for it.

Eg

Edit: Yep the Mormons used to do it but even they became assimulated..there are some sects who still practice it but they keep their women in a controlled enviroment.

Hi lce,

What's going to happen is Canadian women wont go for it, because they're not culturally raised for it....so...you'll end up having these shieks ( and other people who were raised to accept this ) bringing over their harems...who will then ( or their children ) become assimulated by our culture and then won't go for it.

Eg

Edit: Yep the Mormons used to do it but even they became assimulated..there are some sects who still practice it but they keep their women in a controlled enviroment.

Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    Hi lce,

Eg
    Hey Hey,

Even if it does die off.... it's not the end of the world.. I think legalization is a good thing... Pro Choice...

With that an homosexual marriages think of the threesomes... I know a guy who's seeing a guy who's seeing a girl.. and they'll sometimes all play... well now they could each marry eachother.. Guy marries Girl, Guy Marries Other Guy, Girl Marries Other Guy..

It's all about pro choice right... let the people have the choice.

Peace,
    HT

Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    Hi lce,

Eg
    Hey Hey,

Even if it does die off.... it's not the end of the world.. I think legalization is a good thing... Pro Choice...

With that an homosexual marriages think of the threesomes... I know a guy who's seeing a guy who's seeing a girl.. and they'll sometimes all play... well now they could each marry eachother.. Guy marries Girl, Guy Marries Other Guy, Girl Marries Other Guy..

It's all about pro choice right... let the people have the choice.

Peace,
    HT