Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Out!

heh, netstumbler turns off zero wirelless configuration. just in case you didnt notice lcbs1. most people i know turn it off perminetly and use the software client that usually comes with the wireless cards.

heh, netstumbler turns off zero wirelless configuration. just in case you didnt notice lcbs1. most people i know turn it off perminetly and use the software client that usually comes with the wireless cards.

the weirdest thing happened to me...I had cain dowloaded already and working fine..I turn on my computer 2 days later and can't open it because my nortons deleted a file in cain that makes it impossible to open...So I uninstalled it and tried to download it again but I CAN'T...because Norton's keeps saying that it deleted a virus when I download it..I really don't know what to do..
    The Learner

the weirdest thing happened to me...I had cain dowloaded already and working fine..I turn on my computer 2 days later and can't open it because my nortons deleted a file in cain that makes it impossible to open...So I uninstalled it and tried to download it again but I CAN'T...because Norton's keeps saying that it deleted a virus when I download it..I really don't know what to do..
    The Learner

lcbs1, norton and a lot of other AV softwares classify Cain and Abel as a hacker tool because that is what it is. What exactly are you trying to do? mabey theres a better piece of software out there for you.

lcbs1, norton and a lot of other AV softwares classify Cain and Abel as a hacker tool because that is what it is. What exactly are you trying to do? mabey theres a better piece of software out there for you.

Well the thing is that at first Norton let me install Cain and able perfectly without a problem..I was using Cain to have my computer be promiscuos, so I could use Ethereal to capture packets...And it was working fine until like a day ago that norton decided to classify it as a virus file...I was thinking should I just disable norton and install cain again and then enable or is that a bad idea??
    The Learner

Well the thing is that at first Norton let me install Cain and able perfectly without a problem..I was using Cain to have my computer be promiscuos, so I could use Ethereal to capture packets...And it was working fine until like a day ago that norton decided to classify it as a virus file...I was thinking should I just disable norton and install cain again and then enable or is that a bad idea??
    The Learner

That would be plausable way to solve your issue though it probly would not be perminent.

From what I can tell from the information given, Your using cain to preform a man in the middle attack and capture traffic from a particular router or node, which walks a very fine line as to what is allowed in these forums. Capturing your own traffic for education is fine and dandy, while capturing other peoples can be offensive and in a lot of cases illegal, depending on privacy laws where you are located.

It is quite possible I am wrong as to what is being done, in that case there are plenty of seniors on this board that can make their voices heard on this subject, and I wish a couple would just to clear the air on the matter at hand.

That would be plausable way to solve your issue though it probly would not be perminent.

From what I can tell from the information given, Your using cain to preform a man in the middle attack and capture traffic from a particular router or node, which walks a very fine line as to what is allowed in these forums. Capturing your own traffic for education is fine and dandy, while capturing other peoples can be offensive and in a lot of cases illegal, depending on privacy laws where you are located.

It is quite possible I am wrong as to what is being done, in that case there are plenty of seniors on this board that can make their voices heard on this subject, and I wish a couple would just to clear the air on the matter at hand.