Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forgot windows login

Unhappy forgot windows login

To any one that can help. I help out at a church, doing tech stuff lie sound mixxing video and lighting. I also help with the network. Well any ways they had a few pc given to them some running widows xp and 2000. I have two of then that have login but no password. I was able to get rid out the paswword for xp, but i need a little help with the windows 2000 one. Is there a back way in to system so that i can delete password. We want to be able to keep the software since that was not givin to us. Any help would be great. And if i posted this in the wrong place or am not to ask question like this i am sorry. If anyone can help please do. Thankjs and God Bless.

Unhappy forgot windows login

To any one that can help. I help out at a church, doing tech stuff lie sound mixxing video and lighting. I also help with the network. Well any ways they had a few pc given to them some running widows xp and 2000. I have two of then that have login but no password. I was able to get rid out the paswword for xp, but i need a little help with the windows 2000 one. Is there a back way in to system so that i can delete password. We want to be able to keep the software since that was not givin to us. Any help would be great. And if i posted this in the wrong place or am not to ask question like this i am sorry. If anyone can help please do. Thankjs and God Bless.

Hey Hey,

Check out the Offline NT Password and Registry Editor - http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html.

That should do what you need.

Peace,
    HT

Hey Hey,

Check out the Offline NT Password and Registry Editor - http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html.

That should do what you need.

Peace,
    HT

thanks

Thank you i will give that a try

thanks

Thank you i will give that a try

Just something that you may wish to consider.

We want to be able to keep the software since that was not givin to us.
    If the machines were donated by a corporate or institutional user, they probably had the software under a group licence. It would not be legal for them to pass this on.

I am referring to the applications software not the operating system, as virtually all PCs come with an OS. If you are just talking about the OS then I don't see a problem.

There are a number of free applications available, for example:

http://www.openoffice.org/

Just something that you may wish to consider.

We want to be able to keep the software since that was not givin to us.
    If the machines were donated by a corporate or institutional user, they probably had the software under a group licence. It would not be legal for them to pass this on.

I am referring to the applications software not the operating system, as virtually all PCs come with an OS. If you are just talking about the OS then I don't see a problem.

There are a number of free applications available, for example:

http://www.openoffice.org/

BANNED
    It may be dell's or something that came with the software.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

BANNED
    It may be dell's or something that came with the software.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...