Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RC Cars?

Banned

RC Cars?

Anyone here into RC cars?
    I used to have a pretty decent Tamiya (The Grasshopper, a revolution back then... http://tamiya.com/english/products/5...pper/index.htm ), and then had a nitro-powered piece of crap (don't remember what it was)...

I'd like to get a new one (electric, not nitro... I don't care for the "taking-care-of-the-thing"-part of the hobby)...
    I've been reading up, and Traxxas sounds pretty good (they're located in, of all places, Plano, TX, which is a mile away from here...).
    I've got my sights set on this thing: http://www.hobbytron.com/E-Maxx-RTR-Truck-W-Radio.html

Anyone have any recommendations/opinions/stuff?

Old Fart
    Neg.... I'd like to have one of these....

http://www.hobbytron.com/RCHydrofoamboat.html

Be sure to check out the video
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Yep,

I got a Assoc. 10T Truck and a 10L Pan Car. A few years back I raced all the time. Haven't been close enough to a track the last couple of years, but I still have everything. Might have to take some pics tomorrow and post em....lol

cheers

edit: electrics
    Connection refused, try again later.

Banned
    Allenb > LOL... I don't want to have to get a license to fly one of those things... that's pretty cool, though!

Relyt > I'd love to see some pics... did you buy yours Ready-to-Race, or was some unidentified something involved in their creation?

Originally posted here by Negative
    Allenb > LOL... I don't want to have to get a license to fly one of those things... that's pretty cool, though!
    What??? I didn't think you needed any kind of liceince to fly or operate any kind of RC vehical. Is that some thing new?

About 20 some years ago, I had an RC dune buggy. It was very fast and expense, especially to fix (since I kept breaking it). The worst part was waiting for the batteries to charge. I had 2 batteries and together they would allow perhaps 45 minutes of run time and then about 6 hours of recharging. I know that they hhave gotten better no days but it sure was the pits back then.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I think this one is more something for allenb.

http://tamiya.com/english/products/5...lly2/index.htm

Originally posted here by Negative

Relyt > I'd love to see some pics... did you buy yours Ready-to-Race, or was some unidentified something involved in their creation?
    Oh baby!! wait till you see what I did to the tub to keep the dirt out I had to add stiffners forward, aft, etc.

I purchased the RC10T and RC10L without motors, speed controllers, and radios. Bought them all separate. After years of doing it, I have quite the box of motors....

cheers

>Neg,

And here we go. The Truck is a RC10T and the Pan Car a RC10L. I use both modified and stock motors. Tune my own modifieds and turn the arms on both. Also build my own batteries sets from match cells. Use Novak Speed Controllers and Futaba Radios. Can hardly wait until I get to race again.

cheers.

And behind the firewall, so to speak....

You'll notice the two Modified Reedy's, a Stock Slot machine, and many with out labels. I built and tuned those modifieds myself. The motor with the faded black paint on the right, is the fastest stock motor I have ever seen. It's an older Stock Greyhound that I have turned the arm on so many times - I know it only has a few more race days left. So I'm saving it for the big race...lol

cheers

Originally posted here by Relyt
    Oh baby!! wait till you see what I did to the tub to keep the dirt out I had to add stiffners forward, aft, etc.
    Attached