Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: blasphemous(Part2)

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Someone from the Muslim Council of UK was on the radio this morning along with a reprosentative from a Catholic newpaper.

Musil guy continued the same theme that these cartoons were completely unacceptable blah blah.
    Catholoic guy pointed out that similar cartoons of Jesus wouldn't bat an eyelid (in the UK certainly, US I dunno). Musil countered that cartoon had been removed after protests [written] from Christian and Jewish religious groups. -No one pointed out that these protests didn't involve flag burning, bombing threats and armed militias.

Catholic chap pointed out many times that Jesus and Jewish religions had been on the recieving end of satirical media such as Jesus being portraid as a nappy wearing man with gay issues in a play some weeks before. Musilm rep constantly glossed over any comparison to any other religion and just stated over and over how unacceptable this was.

No I'm pretty much anti-religion full stop but I thought the Christian rep sounded very reasonable (basically saying, no I don't like Jesus being shown as a nappy wearing homosexual I find it grossly offensive but I think people have the right to show it), and the Muslim sounded arrogant and dismissive of every other culture and religion and that Islam must be treated specially in every country.

I think we should print as many of these offensive cartoons apossible. When they complain we should be as childish as the Islamic states and tell them to go f.ck off, we have the bomb don't threaten us or we'll turn that desert into a glass parking lot and take the oil anyway. Similarly we should be watching arabic TV and pess for any offensed against the west when we should immediatly start burning their flags and withdrawing monetary support from their governments.

I think we should start doing a bit of above ground nuke testing at Diago Garcia. Let the leaders see the flash and mushroom cloud to remind them who has the biggest red button and then they might STFU.

F.cking sick of all this PC pandering. They need knocked back into line with everyone else and no more of this special treatment.

(Hmm I do seem to be having a bit of an angry week)

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by Aspman
    Jesus being shown as a nappy wearing homosexual
    It's no fair whit thay done tae Cheeses of Nazereth

Thay ur takin the piss
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    LOL

Still I'm determined to take offense at your comments withdraw my diplomats and declare war on your infidel country.

Oh

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by Aspman
    LOL

Still I'm determined to take offense at your comments withdraw my diplomats and declare war on your infidel country.

Oh
    OK innat, go rite ahed man innat , moan then (Buckie) ahm a bothered
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

this is so disheartening:

U.S. CONDEMNS CARTOONS

The United States condemned the cartoons on Friday, siding with Muslims who are outraged that newspapers put press freedom over respect for religion.

"We ... respect freedom of the press and expression but it must be coupled with press responsibility. Inciting religious or ethnic hatreds in this manner is not acceptable," said State Department spokesman Kurtis Cooper.
    of all the nations in the world i would have put the US amoung the largest supporters of free speech (dhimmis all) something MUST be done about this.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Tedob1: dose this supries you comming from a goverment that tried to keep a corpse on display and force creationism into our classrooms. Face it our current govement is filled with christian fundimentalists they have more in common wit hthe imhans of theran then not.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

well bballad, ive been aware that a group of really fundamentalist christians have been coming out in support of islams jihad. they'd be very happy to see 'sinners' punnished in this world... i thought that group was just a lunitic fringe.

the only bodies kept on disply that i know of were stalins, lenins and that plasticised"art" show.

evolution was never in danger of being banned AFAIK although evolutionists banned creationists.

i wouldn't put BC in the christian right:

bill clinton:

Clinton described as "appalling" the 12 cartoons published in a Danish newspaper in September depicting Prophet Mohammed and causing uproar in the Muslim world.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/060....v8vrasnt.html

but in answer to your question: yes it does surprise me. i hope bush comes out for freedom.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    The State Department today has officially condemned the cartoons.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7002239615
    State Department spokesman Kurtis Cooper says, "These cartoons are indeed offensive to the belief of Muslims. We all fully recognize and respect freedom of the press and expression, but it must be coupled with press responsibility. Inciting religious or ethnic hatreds in this manner is not acceptable."
    Jack Straw said basically the same thing...

So much for freedom of speech

In the mean time, European news papers (except the UK press, apparently) keep reprinting the cartoons, and even making new ones to make a statement...

Kind of disappointing to see that the newspapers here in Canada have not bothered to reprint the caricatures in a show of solidarity....hopefully I have spoken too soon, sometimes our press can be a little slow on the uptake...

Well who can we p*ss off this time:Pick your Gods to satire... ...

What most people won't see, with this recent kowtowing of the US and UK administration to muslim pressure is the effect it may have on the morale of the US/UK troops in Iraq and the US/UK/Canadian and soon to be Dutch troops in Afghanistan......what must they be thinking as they take continous abuse on a daily basis from radical islamists, why aren't we protesting in the streets, why don't we grab a few Palestinian flags or Iranian Flags and burn them...

* Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City. No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed. No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia. A Christian school. No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq. No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt. No Muslim outrage.
    * A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India. Kills six. No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia. Muslims shoot children in the back. No Muslim outrage.
    * Let's go way back. Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics. No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims fire rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel. No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses. Over 700 are injured. No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims massacre dozens of innocents at a Passover Seder. No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims murder innocent vacationers in Bali. No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons. No Muslim outrage
    * Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world. No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge. No Muslim outrage.
    * Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting Mohammed. Muslims are outraged.........

Neil Boortz
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Hmm............

Blasphemy (Greek blaptein, "to injure", and pheme, "reputation") signifies etymologically gross irreverence towards any person or thing worthy of exalted esteem.
    Strictly speaking images of Jesus and any of the Old Testament prophets are equally banned, it is not just Mohammed.

Islam does not use statues or icons at all. This goes back to a fundamental fear of idolatery, which I would have thought was obsolete in this day and age. After all, who in their right mind would worship a man-made artefact?

It was probably in poor taste (I haven't seen them), but I don't think it was worthy of all the fuss. If a dog barks at the sun, does that have any effect on the sun? similarly disrespect for God/Allah/Yahweh and his prophets has no effect on them.

Just my £0.02