i visited DShield.org today and i've tried to see if my ip address is cracked an it displayed this message:

Are you cracked?

Your IP (*.*.*.*) appears as an
attacker 124 times in the DShield database.

(Click for more information on *.*.*.*.)

There are several reasons why your IP address might appear as an attacker in the DShield database. The most worrisome is if your computer has been compromised and you are are unknowingly running a Trojan program which is accessing other machines, possibly in preperation for conducting a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack. If you have a dynamic IP address, it could be that someone else owned your current IP address as this event occured. Please check the time/date in this case. Most dialup users, and many DSL and cable modem users use dynamic IPs.

If you are using a Linux machine, it is possible that it was compromised and is running similar trojan type software and is accessing and probing other machines.

It is also possible that your machine is misconfigured so that it is innocently accessing other machines.
is this statement from dshield for real?
any advices from you guys to what to do with my server? shall i format, repair, get a better firewall (hardware and software), get a better antivirus?
thanks a lot for the help...