Thread: HTML Form help

HTML Form help

hi

I created a form on my website, on which the users can provide there information.

Now, I want a script either in Java Script or any other script, which will do the following things:

1. When the submit key is pressed, a mail is sent to me at my email add(which is in the background and the user is not aware of it). The user is unknown to any mail sending process that goes on i.e. it must be completely in the background without giving any hint to the user!!

2. Simultaneous to above, the user is taken to a new page in the same window. The URL is also mentioned in the code(done in background)!!

I looked some possibilities such as FormBuddy.com, but I woudnt like to hav that!! Just a code that can be integrated with my HTML code of the form page wud do!!

Also, I wud like the code which works for a greater amount of time. I dont want the ones that will work for 13-14 days with limited form submissions!

thnx
    CodeNameVirus

HTML Form help

hi

I created a form on my website, on which the users can provide there information.

Now, I want a script either in Java Script or any other script, which will do the following things:

1. When the submit key is pressed, a mail is sent to me at my email add(which is in the background and the user is not aware of it). The user is unknown to any mail sending process that goes on i.e. it must be completely in the background without giving any hint to the user!!

2. Simultaneous to above, the user is taken to a new page in the same window. The URL is also mentioned in the code(done in background)!!

I looked some possibilities such as FormBuddy.com, but I woudnt like to hav that!! Just a code that can be integrated with my HTML code of the form page wud do!!

Also, I wud like the code which works for a greater amount of time. I dont want the ones that will work for 13-14 days with limited form submissions!

thnx
    CodeNameVirus

If you have the possibility to run cgi, php, jsp or asp, I'm sure we can create a script that does that..

Javascript won't do these things (since javascript runs on the client side, not server side)..

There are thousands of scripts that do this, but some are a hazard to your mailbox and server (I've seen websites turned into spambots by those), but there are also some rather good ones out there..

You won't need any 30 day crap, atleast.. if you have the ability to run server side scripts on your server.
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

If you have the possibility to run cgi, php, jsp or asp, I'm sure we can create a script that does that..

Javascript won't do these things (since javascript runs on the client side, not server side)..

There are thousands of scripts that do this, but some are a hazard to your mailbox and server (I've seen websites turned into spambots by those), but there are also some rather good ones out there..

You won't need any 30 day crap, atleast.. if you have the ability to run server side scripts on your server.
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Banned
    i made an example using php.

the form:
    Code:
    <form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="out.php">
      <label>name
      <input type="text" name="name" />
      </label>
      <br />
      <label>telephone
      <input type="text" name="telephone" />
      </label>
      <br  />
      <label>submit
      <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit" />
      </label>
    </form>
    the php and the redirection:
    PHP Code:
    <?php
        $name 
    preg_replace("/[^a-zA-Z]/",null$_POST['name']);

$telephone preg_replace("/[^0-9-]/",null$_POST['telephone']);

mail("xxx@xxx.xxx""secret e-mail from: ".$name"name: ".$name.", telphone: ".$telephone);
    ?&
    gt;
    &
    lt;html>
    &
    lt;head>
    &
    lt;title></title>
    &
    lt;script>window.location="http://www.google.com"</script>
    &
    lt;/head>