Circular Mirror Room
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Circular Mirror Room

Circular Mirror Room

What would it look like if you would be standing in a round room and its made of mirrors ? No door nothing just mirrors (dont ask how you would get into the room without doors)...This just popped into my mind and i couldnt find much on google or maybe i didnt type in the right terms, so if anybody can find a site or has a comment on this, post please.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Hey Hey,

Now when you say circular.... do you mean one rounded pane of glass made this mirror (I.E. it's like a donut or a tire... one continuous side) or is it made of many panes...

Sides Name
    9 Nonagon, Enneagon
    11 Undecagon, Hendecagon
    13 Tridecagon, Triskaidecagon
    14 Tetradecagon, Tetrakaidecagon
    15 Pentadecagon, Pentakaidecagon
    16 Hexadecagon, Hexakaidecagon
    17 Heptadecagon, Heptakaidecagon
    18 Octadecagon, Octakaidecagon
    19 Enneadecagon, Enneakaidecagon
    20 Icosagon
    30 Triacontagon
    40 Tetracontagon
    50 Pentacontagon
    60 Hexacontagon
    70 Heptacontagon
    80 Octacontagon
    90 Enneacontagon
    100 Hectogon, Hecatontagon
    1,000 Chiliagon
    10,000 Myriagon
    And if so... how many... If it's a certain number of sides.. then you can use math to tell ya what'll happen but if it's one continuous side... then I'd say that's an interesting question...

Three more questions...

What are the dimensions of this room? Radius/Circumfernce, or length of sides (if a polygon)

Where are you standing... dead center, off center, against one of the sides..

Where is the light source coming from... and how powerful (intense, direct, etc) is it?

Perhaps you should find someone who's good with 3D modellers and have them do you up a little video... Dunno how good the physics are for reflections (haven't used any of that software in years) but I'd guess they're pretty accurate by now..

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Re: Crcular Mirror Room

Originally posted here by 妯py展ght
    What would it look like if you would be standing in a round room and its made of mirrors ?
    Um.....like yourself perhaps?

Albeit disorted depending on mirror configurations like HT specified.

Did you think of this question before or after you had some..."adult" brownies?
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

Banned
    If it was a single pane of glass with a perfect curve... damn...

Obviously we know what flat panes would reflect, it'd just be whatever is in the middle of the room....

I now have a headache. No more thinking for a while.

Re: Crcular Mirror Room

Originally posted here by 妯py展ght
    What would it look like if you would be standing in a round room and its made of mirrors ? No door nothing just mirrors (dont ask how you would get into the room without doors)...This just popped into my mind and i couldnt find much on google or maybe i didnt type in the right terms, so if anybody can find a site or has a comment on this, post please.
    WHOA! You just blew my mind!!
    You shouldn't freak me out like that so early in the morning!

I am thinking that if you looked straight ahead, you would see yourself as perfect as you would see yourself in a regular mirror, but it would be thinner version of you... like in a funhouse.

...but then again, what would the rest of the mirror show? Assuming you are right in the center, every piece of the mirror (equal to your height) would show you as well, so I assume it would be blurred all the way around. Have you ever taken a picture ond the objust moves in the picture, like that! The bigger the circle, the longer the streaks, right?

I did a quick search too, all I could find was what light does near the sides of a circle, as in the following picture:

-Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/

What dopp said, a single perfectly curved pane, maybe like 20 feet radius. and you're standing on the bottom. any source of light, a bulb hanging on top, i just can't put my mind what it would look like since every side has to reflect you and then the opposite side will reflect you too and the opposite side of the room so itll reflect the back of you too right ?
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

thinking about it, if it were perfectly round, there would be no reflection of the opposite side reflection, that is if you are perfectly in the center. That would be because you would be in the way of the projecting reflection. Make sense?
    There are two rules for success in life:
    Rule 1: Don't tell people everything you know.

Ok that makes somewhat sense, but wouldnt like the right "corner" reflect the "side" mirror that reflects the back of you?

it has to do how the light is reflected off of the mirror and back to your eye. you can only see any "single point at any single time. So no matter where you looked you would see your imaging looking at your image, there would be no repeating images. All light reflection is back to the center, back to your eye. Tell you this, I'm only guessing based on what i think will happen to the refected light. It sure would be a great experiment to try, fearing that when i actually saw the image, i'd explode.
    There are two rules for success in life:
    Rule 1: Don't tell people everything you know.

hahaha at the explode thing. What if you brought a circular camera that can record every angle at once(which im sure doesnt exist yet?) ?