Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blocking usb device on redhat 9

Originally posted here by SirDice
    Don't confuse sudo with su.. su will ask for the root password.. sudo will ask for the user's password. On BSD you need to be a member of the wheel group to su (don't need it on linux)..
    [/B]
    And don't confuse Linux for BSD or me for an idiot, I know the difference between su and sudo and I use both. it asked me for ROOT'S password.

JUST typed this again:

sudo mount

The only password it accepts is ROOT... Now, PLEASE do NOT assume me an idiot again.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Suse also has a weird /etc/sudoers file that uses the "rootpw" by default instead of "targetpw". If you change it to "targetpw" you might want to change %users ALL=(ALL) ALL to root ALL=(ALL) ALL as well.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier