Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Negging one person = closed thread?

Negging one person = closed thread?

OK, I have a suggestion, maybe a complaint... depends how you look at it.

Yesterday there were two very good discussions going on, Alright Wardriving and Cell phone phreaking. Two users (who shall rename nameless... as I will sandblast their their tombstones) added some worthless crap to the discussion and were negged to high hell for it... and the should have!

My problem is this, these users get negged by a couple people and it shows that that post is worthless, fine. It is when everyone starts negging them that we get a problem. Those threads became "suicidal" and were closed just because of those two idiots. Now, two good discussions are lost and ignored because of the thread rating.

My suggestion is can the amount a person is negged be controled? Can a post just be removed or hidden if it reaches a certain negging point? Or is it that us users have to control ourselves not to neg somone once they are flashing with negitivity?

Thank you for your time, I will now go get something to calm me down... maybe a whiskey?

Amen.
    -Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/

Negging one person = closed thread?

OK, I have a suggestion, maybe a complaint... depends how you look at it.

Yesterday there were two very good discussions going on, Alright Wardriving and Cell phone phreaking. Two users (who shall rename nameless... as I will sandblast their their tombstones) added some worthless crap to the discussion and were negged to high hell for it... and the should have!

My problem is this, these users get negged by a couple people and it shows that that post is worthless, fine. It is when everyone starts negging them that we get a problem. Those threads became "suicidal" and were closed just because of those two idiots. Now, two good discussions are lost and ignored because of the thread rating.

My suggestion is can the amount a person is negged be controled? Can a post just be removed or hidden if it reaches a certain negging point? Or is it that us users have to control ourselves not to neg somone once they are flashing with negitivity?

Thank you for your time, I will now go get something to calm me down... maybe a whiskey?

Amen.
    -Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/

What you have asked is already implemented. I have a cap on my account. I can't get anymore powerful than I am right now.. The thread closing is my fault, I negged him and it went away. I think I can PM Neg and have him open it again and get rid of the idiots. I'm fairly sure he can do that so I'll send him a PM and let him know. and sorry, that was my fault. But to answer your question there is a Max and I'm there heh.

What you have asked is already implemented. I have a cap on my account. I can't get anymore powerful than I am right now.. The thread closing is my fault, I negged him and it went away. I think I can PM Neg and have him open it again and get rid of the idiots. I'm fairly sure he can do that so I'll send him a PM and let him know. and sorry, that was my fault. But to answer your question there is a Max and I'm there heh.

Hi

Actually, there is another control mechanism: thread AP assignment.
    If those Megablasters ( ) first assign 50% pos on the thread, and
    then 100% neg on the offending post, the overall AP assignment won't
    be changed (assuming one post), but the offender will be hurt.

Cheers
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
    (Abraham Maslow, Psychologist, 1908-70)

Hi

Actually, there is another control mechanism: thread AP assignment.
    If those Megablasters ( ) first assign 50% pos on the thread, and
    then 100% neg on the offending post, the overall AP assignment won't
    be changed (assuming one post), but the offender will be hurt.

Cheers
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
    (Abraham Maslow, Psychologist, 1908-70)

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Deeboe, you can also PM a mod like myself and we can remove the offending posts and thus re-open the thread. Which I've done for both of those threads.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Deeboe, you can also PM a mod like myself and we can remove the offending posts and thus re-open the thread. Which I've done for both of those threads.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks Mittens. Didn't know you were on. I sent a message to Neg but as long as it was taken care of. This usually doesn't happen because I green most threads I neg people in but. I've been awake for 22 hours. I'm shocked this Perl script even works.

Thanks Mittens. Didn't know you were on. I sent a message to Neg but as long as it was taken care of. This usually doesn't happen because I green most threads I neg people in but. I've been awake for 22 hours. I'm shocked this Perl script even works.