View Poll Results: EULA's Do ya'h read them?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offcourse, I read everyword before installing!

2 33.33%
  • No, never read them. Why read when i can install that app

2 33.33%
  • Occassionally, if it is from a product I don't know!

2 33.33%
  • What is a EULA?

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AO features that you use

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    First three only.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    no mention of 'whats playing'
    does ANYONE use it ?
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Well...I use 1 and 2...have used 4...have used 5 ( but just to unload my browser bookmarks which was getting pretty full )...and once used 7...

never used 3 or 6.

Eg

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by foxyloxley
    no mention of 'whats playing'
    does ANYONE use it ?
    I tried to at one time. Been awhile, I forget the details, but...

The plugin/thingy for Winamp only worked with Winamp 2.x IIRC. I use something similar for mIRC, so I wanted to extend it to AO. I took a look at the code and tried to hack it to work, but I'm not that serious a code writer, and I really didn't care that much.

AFAIK, it is COMPLETELY unused.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

i used it once, i just googled for the version of winamp needed and installed the plugin and it worked.
    But i'd rather use the newer version of winamp.

Me wonders if the admins might get the plugins updated to work with the newer winamp versions.?

cheers
    front2back

Not if nobody uses it, f2b.. I think we have a clear idea of what is/isn't used at AO, no?
    Space For Rent.. =]

I use ignore

Originally posted here by Spyder32
    Not if nobody uses it, f2b.. I think we have a clear idea of what is/isn't used at AO, no?
    There's probably a reason why no-one uses it, maybe because you have to use a outdated version of WinAmp just to use the Now playing option

so if the admins maybe re-coded the .xml file so that it would work with the newer version of WinAmp then maybe more people would use it..

f2b

...me not like to talk a much with people and me was not care about AP.... but last year me desiced to use AP and few times PM...

me hope that soon. me can say bye and then meet you with new face and be happy and make happy others....

brain is power.

me thanks AO
    // too far away outside of limit

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by .:front2back:.
    There's probably a reason why no-one uses it, maybe because you have to use a outdated version of WinAmp just to use the Now playing option

so if the admins maybe re-coded the .xml file so that it would work with the newer version of WinAmp then maybe more people would use it..

f2b
    Well, I imagine there may just be someone on staff at JupM with the skill and ability to write a new plugin. But I also bet they have a lot more pressing things to do.

In fact, I bet the original was written by a member with the skill. Why not take a crack at it yourself? I'd probably use it, if it as updated to work with Winamp 5.x
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore