Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wonder if Bush can up the Ante

Also it is not a myth Parisiens are obnoxious.
    King Louis XIV would agree with you......................that is why he moved the Royal Court to Versailles and used to ask his ministers "Q'en dit les grenouilles?" ("What are the Frogs saying?")

The French call Parisians "frogs", it is not an "English" thing, it comes from the three frogs (grenouilles) passant on the old Parisian coat of arms

If you want to meet nice French people, try Normandy and Marseilles.....................they hate the Parisians. Hey, I even went to Agincourt on the 575th anniversary of the battle..........I was in the Bowmen of Harrow team, and we had a match against the local team in Fruges (a market town of about 25,000 and the biggest place close to Agincourt. The locals were delighted to have us (even though they lost again ) as their guests. Also, I have brown hair and grey eyes, which makes me typical Norman descent English..................that means more to them than being French

They were opposed to the invasion of Iraq...
    That could bewilder some folks. Granted we are most likely responsible for putting that zit on a camel's butt, Saddam, into power and letting him remain after Kuwait. And setting aside Iraq's funding of terrorist training/support and the possibility of WMD; how could they possibly oppose the inhumane treatment that was going on. A multitude of Iraqis were killed by that butcher and the chemical weapons he used on his countrymen to the North, broke just about every convention ever written. His sons had rape rooms and the list can go on and on. So why the opposition?

Some of us were paying attention when it was discovered the Russians, French, and Germans would lose millions in contracts, if Saddam was ousted. Wait! Those folks weren't suppose to be doing that! So, what are we to believe?
    Connection refused, try again later.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I assume that part of the reason no biological attacks have been made on us soil was because our policy on such matters is believed to be reasonable response from the us.
    Remember the Anthrax attacks??

The biological attack would have to be very devestating for the US to respond with nukes...

i have never really payed much if any attention to world affairs and politics until recently, im still pretty young.

Birthday 1984-04-30
    Not an excuse mate, I'm 3 years younger and I pay attention ...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Some of us were paying attention when it was discovered the Russians, French, and Germans would lose millions in contracts, if Saddam was ousted. Wait! Those folks weren't suppose to be doing that! So, what are we to believe?
    Bingo......grab a kewpie doll of your choice.....that is exactly why those 3 countries were so bent on trying to have the US follow the UN's lead in this, as they were all the time breaking the sanctions imposed back when the Iraqi's were accused of gassing the Kurds, all of the little wheeling and dealing that went on while Saddam killed his own people, not only that but the UN and it's Oil for food/medicine policy with Saddam........so yeah "Hypocrisy" is a funny thing...

Oh nihil, some other nice people of French descent are the "Cajuns" and the "Acadians", I am sure most anywhere you find a frenchman who is not from Paris will agree...that parisians are snobs....it's just that when France speaks, the rest of the world thinks "Paris".......

I was in Bordeaux back in 82, and when you talked to the locals about Paris, they would spit, and say the nicest things, kinda saving us the trouble of going to Paris....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    I think if Chirac ordered a 'Nuclear Strike' the military would walk out and organise a picket line.

I think if Chirac ordered a 'Nuclear Strike' the military would walk out and organise a picket line.
    Tres drole mon ami................

But be careful................you might stretch the "Auld Alliance" a bit too far?

For our North American and Antipodean viewers, the "Auld Alliance" was the traditional relationship between Scotland (Ecosse) and France, against the English..................pretty much out of order given that we taught them how to play rugby?..............and Scotland even has a cricket team?

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Still saved your FEB arse from Napoleon

Probably after visiting France during the Auld Alliance a lot Scots discovered that they didn't like them very much and the Froggies could do with a kicking.

Scotland has a strong maritime past and her people made a significant contribution to the Battle of Trafalgar:
    - Five of the 27 Captains of the Fleet were Scottish;

- Almost 30% of the 18,000 strong crew were from Scottish towns and fishing villages;

- The youngest crew member in the Battle of Trafalgar was a cabin boy aged 10 years old from Leith;

- Nelsonís own doctor, and the woman who embalmed his body when he died, were also Scottish;

Scotlandís industry also contributed to this historical event, by producing and supplying sails for the ships from the jute mills of Dundee, iron for the canons from the Carron Works in Falkirk, charcoal from the forests of Northern Argyll which was used to fire the canons and timber products from Scotlandís woods which were used to construct the fleet of Trafalgar ships.

Cricket is probably the real reason Ireland never wanted to part of the english empire.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Ireland has a cricket team, as does Scotland...............and both play in the Benson & Hedges Cup, along with Holland!

Resistance is futile, you WILL BE ASSIMILATED

"Or would you rather stand and fight, and die with Clare's Dragoons?"

Patrick Sarsfield, Earl of Clare?.................I married a hard woman from the West Coast

I can remember it like it was yesterday, these two girls came into the pub..............and I said to Kilkenny Joe "The red headed one is mine"..............guess it was our fifteenth wedding anniversary the other day?......................

Oh! and being a good little English boy, I had "Edinburgh Granny" and "Dublin Granny"...........as we do?

well cricket was the reason we got the brits to leave they never let us bat [] although seriously this may seem kinda stupid but why is it that you guys seem really anti-france most of the time for an eg ...
    Q: What do you do if you see 59 million dead Frenchmen?
    A. Stop laughing and re-load!!
    anything that doesn\'t kill you or your dreams only makes you stronger