TV Tuners

Thread: TV Tuners

TV Tuners

Greetings...
    Anyone know about those TV tuners cards for a pc? I know you can watch tv on your pc with them but can you record what you watch onto your HDD? And then burn it onto dvd later?
    I've gone to the local pc shops but they don't know.

Anyone ??

Well, I have an ATI TV Tuner card, and I CAN record things I see on TV, I don't know about other TV tuner cards, it depends on the software they come with. But my TV tuner card software is shitty, recording takes up a LOT of space (MPEG-2 format) :-/
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

I've used one in the past with mplayer's mencode
    Works like a charm..

There is a bit of programming or scripting necessary though..

You might want to look into the "Windows XP Media Center Edition" stuff if you need it 'out of the box'..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

UPDATE: After looking around I found out that they have TV Tuner cards AND Video capture cards, you can buy a TV tuner by itself or a TV Tuner & Video capture card ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...d&Order=rating )
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

thanks for the info... i'll try on it...

If you get an internal (PCI) card you should be OK but be careful if you decide to get the external variety that connect via USB.

I have come across a couple of people who bought those and they did not work. The problem was the TV/Video box was USB 2.0 and their MoBos were USB 1.1

Just Another Geek
    I own a rather old Hauppauge WinTV card and even that one allows me to record.. Nowadays you can buy PVR/DVR (Personal/Digital Video Recorder) cards with lots more options (like timeshifting)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_video_recorder
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.