Unusuall Behavior of the System

Thread: Unusuall Behavior of the System

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar

Unusuall Behavior of the System

Once again I need help from you guys/gals......

I am facing this problem since morning, my system getting hang for a second or more and then get back to normal again and thats not it its happening at regular interval. I have attached two different snapshots of the situtation illustrating CPU usage, i notice that during that problem my CPU usage shoots to around 80% and then drop back to 2 or around it...... I closed almost all the programs but things remaing same.......

Then i disable my connection for a min or so the problem remains but as soon as i was about to take another snapshot i received a message could not manage to read it completely cause it just vanished in a flash but it was something like unable to execute something.html........

I have scanned my system with adware, Microsoft antispyware, AVG and you can see norton is also running. So any ideas what going on....... Right now i have enabled my Internet connection and running other softwares and things are ok. But soon as i restart the problem also restart.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

I have noticed in system log the following: -

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation.
    Event ID: 51

I have been to microsoft support regarding more information about this and rectifying the problem, altough i managed to get info. but how i am gona solve this problem.

Any suggestion?

Just noticed another event its alos occuring very frequently and normally in b/w this event 51.

The ring buffer that stores incoming mouse data has overflowed (buffer size is configurable via the PS/2 mouse properties in device manager).

Event 12.

Does this has anything to do with the event 51.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    Hey FanacooL

Does the same thing happen when you boot into safe mode ...............I am a little suspicious of Norton and AVG and MS Antispyware................Norton is not noted for its compatibility with other interactive stuff.

I think that the mouse issue is separate, please double the size of the buffer and see if it makes a difference?...........at least you will have taken that one out of the equation?

Please check your automatic update settings............what you are describing sounds vaguely familiar, but it was some time ago.

I hope that you have run the usual anti-malware checks in safe mode?

What firewalls do you have?............there might be an issue?

Have you updated your operating system and your Norton?

If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

Hmm.. I was about to recommend that a HDD problem.. your second post more or less confirms it..

I would suspect that the Event 12 is a red herring.. .. Do a scan disk.. or if the hdd is a seagate drive Seatools is a handy tool.. Personally I run a program called HDD regenerator as my first call.. then the seatools..

your cpu useage spike if explorer.exe having a heart attack during the disk write event....

seeing as the error was during a paging operation.. how much ram is the box playing with.. the system is doing a lot of paging? could the ram be too low? or overtaxed with tasks?
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Nihil

yes when i reboot it in safe mode same thing happen.... I only have Norton as AV + microsoft antispyware which i reinstall as i was not using it and also the trial period was over

As far mouse issue is concern i doubled the buffer size but things remains same so i put it to maximum and now so far its ok (talking about last 4 hours).

I personally don't like automatic updates (windows), so its turned off.

I have run antispyware, spy bot search, adware and as well as Norton in safe mode. Even run the hijackthis to see anything else fishy in around but they all look fine. OS updated and NAV till yesterady.

Und3ertak3r

I have downloaded the HDD regenerator lets see what i gona do i will run it before leaving the office.
    256 DDR 400 Bus in the BOX, if its Ram issue than how come it has just this unsual thing now..... Ram is ok, cause i have been using it from last few months....

Need to mention one more thing here..... This Harddisk is a new one i mean its not the one i was using previosuly i changed it cause my ex-harddrive got damaged..... But i remember one thing not 100 % sure that this problem is arising when i put that hard disk back into this system to get some data from it.......

Can it be the cause of all this?

One more thing its 4:05 rite now the last time that problem occur was 12:10 i think from that time till now things are ok pretty good....... If its RAM problem than why its OK right now as i am loading programs doing all that work.

My guess is if its RAM issue might be possible that RAM taking hell lot of time to restart and after getting back to its normal pace things got smooth. Just a guess hardware engineers knows well !

i will post HDD regenerator result later.