Thread: 64 bit Browsers

64 bit Browsers

Has anyone else had trouble finding a 64 bit browser? I'm trying to find one for W2k3 x64. Cant seem to find one. With mobile laptops now sporting 64 bit chips, I had hoped that many browsers would have a 64 bit alternative. I have yet to see one thats supported. Has anyone else had any luck? I'm not that fond of the 64 bit version of IE. Really liked Opera ( no x64 version that I've found yet tho ).

Wont even get into the backup issue .

I have been some researching on the issue and I think this site may help. He made a 64 bit environment mozilla build. Let me know if this helps.
    Done.

Yes it did. I was looking at that site previously and it seems to be one of the few that have an x64 browser. Think I read that it seems to run slower. I dont really like Firefox/Mozilla for some abstract reason. But so far that the only alternative I see to IE. Theres an x64 browser that I ran across CrazyBrowser? something like that. Looked fishy because I ran into another browser that seems to link to the same website but with a different name.

Just Another Geek
    64bit is still in it's infancy.. Not only software but hardware support is quite limited too. It is however backwards compatible with 32bit software and it should run 32bit software (drivers are another issue) without to much problems.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.