Greetings fellow AO'ers.. As I have been closely and intensively looking around/studying/doing EVERYTHING possible to prepare me for when I go to get my A+ certification and my CISSP (trust me, by doing everything.. I mean taking away time from AO and almost every aspect of life..) I have been given various resources and some interesting articles/websites to visit to help me along the way (thank you MsMittens, etc).

Now, as for the A+ certification.. here are the "bare bones" information I gathered on the general "What Is", "What's Inside", etc information on the cert itself.. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as all information is needed.

A+ certification (as far as I've gathered) is a CompTIA-sponsered testing program that certifies entry-level (6-months experience) computer service technicians. Generally, this certification is a pre-req for other certs/training classes. Now, as for what to study: I've gathered that I need to pass the A+ Core Hardware Exam as well as the A+ OS Technologies Exam. Now, for the domain's of each one.. Please, for those who have taken it, let me know if my information is correct or flawed..

A+ Core Hardware Exam

30% Installation, Configuration, and Upgrading.
30% Diagnosing and Troubleshooting.
5% Preventive Maintenence
15% Motherboard/Processors/Memory
10% Printers
10% Basic Networking

Total 100%

A+ OS Technologies Exam

30% OS Fundamentals
15% Installation, Configuration, and Upgrading.
40% Diagnosing and Troubleshooting
15% Networks

Total 100%

Now, from what I've gathered.. each section carries a wide-range of information that's needed to know. To be honest, I thought the A+ cert would be a pushover.. and it is relatively easy, but some of the stuff I've been studying hasn't stuck in my head.. Bleh.

Anyways, is there anything that someone who has taken the A+ cert exam can tell me to help me either study, know for the exam, keep in mind, etc etc? Any and all help is appreciated, and please wish me luck..