Conroe rumor at 3.33Ghz!

Thread: Conroe rumor at 3.33Ghz!

Conroe rumor at 3.33Ghz!

From here:

If Conroe CAN reach 3.3Ghz, then AMD may have some tough months ahead. Even if X2 is moved to 65nm, a 3.3Ghz Conroe would be a SEROIOUS threat.

AMD will still win on price.. bangs per bucks .. consumer market.. server market Intel will probably win..

looks like the Conroe will enter at 3.3Ghz..,, would be a marketing Faux pas to enter too much lower.. some ppl still look at clock speed not performance benchmark..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me

Re: Conroe rumor at 3.33Ghz!

And, what about a 14 stage pipe limiting Conroe to frequencies below the 3ghz barrier? Lol.

I like this next one:

The rumours about Vista taking more power than XP have also been long known and factored in to any TDP measurements, so again this is no big deal.
    Lol, Intel, compared to AMD, retards in terms of process technology (at least according to some), seems to have found ways other than SOI to control leakage and power demand.

Me think that Conroe will still be released at 2.93ghz unless AMD as something to counter Conroe performance. This would give a nice 400mhz in the bank for Intel, and probably more since this is a prerease cpu.

Intel always said that Conroe would clock at the same frequencies as their 2c P4. At the end of the quarter there will be a 2c P4 @ 3.6ghz. Lol, Seems like the table might turn around during the course of 2006 and not only for 2 to 6 months.

Intel is still in some serious sh1t.

From here:

still believes that Merom will be late, and that Conroe/Woodcrest will be later than Merom. Intel's mobile group seems to be bringing in the bacon while the other groups fall prey to AMD's market share chomping.

Intel missed targets in Q4 2005:

Intel didn't do so bad, they missed their target by 1 or so %.

Look at the following Intel revised roadmap: Seems like 3rd quarter 2006 will be very interesting.

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    And life goes round and round?

I am constantly amused by this "processor speed" thing that seems to be an obsession with some

When will people realise that a computer is a set of components, so you need to balance them all to get the end result?

It is a lot of marketing hype IMHO, I get kids saying "I need a faster processor" only because little Johnny next door has a "faster" one. Or "I need more/faster RAM"..............when you look at what they actually have you see them running Windows XP on 256Mb of RAM, or they are trying to play sophisticated games with an onboard video chipset.

Again, they go out and buy a mega video card and wonder why they don't see a massive improvement, even though they have the original "bottom end" monitor?

I built this thing about 3~4 years ago, when a P4 2.26 was the best Intel you could buy..........I deliberately built it to race, and clocked it stable at 3.066..........I had broken the 3MHz barrier!

My message is that human beings also have a "clock speed" and the technology has now outstripped that. It is now relevant with servers but not with your desktop machine.

Again, they go out and buy a mega video card and wonder why they don't see a massive improvement, even though they have the original "bottom end" monitor?
    Actually Nihil what is even worse is that they convince themselves that they do see a huge improvement even if it isn't there.
    It was always the nightmare when I headed a desktop support team. Someones desktop would crash and need to be replaced with a new model. Within a week you would get flooded by hundreds of complaints about how slow so and so's desktops is and how it need to be changed.
    God forbid if it was a laptop that was changed. You could blow the IT budget in a week on new machines if you didnt know how to say NO .
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)