Thread: Java

Java

Well...I have the latest JAVA...at least that's what the update center says...JAVA's own site checker says my system is working properly...but...

everytime I am someplace that needs JAVA all I ever get is a glimpse of it....JAVA loads, you see the sun loading...but when it's over it doesn't go where it should.

Eg...I'm trying to install chat on my website...but after JAVA is done loading all I get is a glimpse of the page it is suppose to show...

I'm using Firefox...I'm thinking it might have to do with my settings or something??? I went into the JAVA control panel and the box for mozilla/firefox is checked.

Suggestions/solutions???

Eg ;0

BANNED
    I'd uninstall and reinstall java.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Hi Eg

Try this link: http://mindprod.com/jgloss/c.html and click on the chat listing, this will take you right to a chat session where you can experiment with chat?, it will load the Java first with the Sun emblem...might be some useful info elsewhere, which might help with your sit..:-)
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Hi dalek,

i went to your link...clicked chat...java loaded...sent to page with information and a link to a CNN Conference Chat Room...so...looks OK...

verified my java on the java site again...

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/709...shot1407bq.jpg

but am still having problems at anti-online, my website, and my web host...

example...

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/2...shot1385hn.jpg

Eg

Firefox= Tools | Options | Web Features | Advanced | Enable Java. You also have to turn on the console with Windows Start | Settings | Control Panel | Java | Advanced | Show Console.

In the console do you have the Java Application Runtime Settings enabled for both user and system?

Also in the advanced tab, are the security settings all checked with the exception of use TLS 1.0, mine are all checked, there is also a <Applet> tag support and this is gonna sound weird but mine only has IE enabled, yet I don't have any problems with the JRE while using Firefox...

Do you have more then one version of JRE in your Add/Remove programs, it's okay to uninstall older versions, for some reason Java does not like to write over older versions, and if you don't clean up you will quickly accummulate.....

I would save your bookmarks for Firefox, and uninstall it completely, then do a fresh install, sometimes the profiles for Mozilla can get corrupted over time, and interfere with the operation of FF..

Most of the Java settings are preloaded by default, until you have a need to tweak them, so to me it sounds like a Firefox issue?

Does it work okay while using IE?, what about some of the settings that are used to configure IE, mostly the active X and plugins....it's quite possible that these settings could be tied in with Java at some point...and if you have them locked down because of IE, they may be a cause??

Have you tried it in Firefox "Safe Mode"..?

Claude Swanson

Hi dalek,

I never use IE so I've got it at the highest security settings...sitting idle....don't even use it for updates....automatic update is on.

I was thinking Firefox too...Java is enabled...both boxes are checked...and went into the java control panel and mozilla/firefox is checked too.

Runtime is enabled...everything is checked like yours...minus the TLS 1.0

I deleted the old java...and this is a fairly new install...just a few weeks old...maybe 3-4 weeks.

Firefox is 1.5

Adblock not showing a block...do have a block on pop-ups.

OK...it must be a Firefox issue...IE works fine.

Suggestions???

Eg

Hi Eg

Try running the Firefox browser in "safe mode" this will load the bare bones version of FF, if you do and you notice a difference (it now works) you may have to play with your themes and extensions to see which one is the culprit in interfering with FF.

I know in the past I used Noscript, and I found it interefered with the loading of pages to such an extent I had to uninstall it, something to do with having that extension running as well as in the tools having java enabled and javascript enabled, sort of crossed wires....

Claude Swanson

Hi dalek,

Your suggestion lead me to the answer

I still had the old version of Adblock...upgraded...now everythings fine.

thanks,

Eg

Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    Hi dalek,

Your suggestion lead me to the answer

I still had the old version of Adblock...upgraded...now everythings fine.

thanks,

Eg
    Great...after reading your reply I updated all of mine (they all had new updates available), and seeing as how "Murphy's Law" loves the Irish, after updating something will srew up....

Claude Swanson