AMD stock is going nuts

Thread: AMD stock is going nuts

AMD stock is going nuts

I was looking at AMD stocks and they are just crazy right now. Intel has been pretty flat this year, but AMD stocks have gone up around 120%. They are at almost $35 a share right now. I was expecting $25 at the end of the year and they beat that and their growth is excellerating.

This is AMD's growth in the last 8 months. They went from just over $14 to just under $35:

Supposedly their growth today was because of what Michel Dell said at the CES:

He also addressing the persistent speculation that Dell might adopt chips from
    AMD. "It's a distinct possibility," Dell told reporters following his speech. Pressed on the point, he said he "wouldn't want to speculate" on what role AMD might play.

I see AMD's FX and X2 chips working great for the XPS gaming systems and some 1 and 2 way dual core Opterons in their servers. Let Intel hold 80% or more of Dell stocks, but let AMD sell where they deserve it the most and Intel struggles to compete.

...and Dell not too happy about the Intel/Apple deal and their quick launch of Yonah based systems:

NONE of your links work!

so I take it you have shares in AMD? and your happy.. ..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    Hey Undies~

"From the people who gave you the Wall Street Crash"

I noticed that they are indeed up, but only on the year. Over a 5 year average, they have only recovered from a dip just recently.

This could be why right here:
    Advanced Micro Devices is within weeks of getting its chips into Dell computers, says Doug Freedman with American Technology Research.

The analyst says Dell (nasdaq: DELL - news - people ) will first use AMD (nyse: AMD - news - people ) chips in its notebook PCs, and later add them to its servers and desktop PCs. Such a deal has been rumored on and off for more than a year, but speculation has been increasing in recent weeks.
    BUY BUY BUY!!! J/K

It certainly is not because of THIS , that's for sure!

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War