Thread: Hijack this forum?

Hijack this forum?

Hi there, I was just wondering, if there is a Hijack this forum on this site somewhere?

It seems that it is such a valuable tool, it would be great to have a forum for a few reasons. Firstly, so that people know where to go with their hijack logs, as I read somewhere on this site that it is recomended to get experienced people to help look through it, and also, I think it would be a great place to start learning what all the stuff is that comes up on the log, so you can see how your pc is actually running. And also because hijack this seems to be splattered about the forums in bits and pieces.

I would be interested in peoples thought on this. I hope this is a suitable place for this to be posted.

Jonny
    Sarcasm is a way of life

Hello, and Welcome to AO! Now, whilist we don't have a Hijackthis-specific forum, we do have Spyware aswell as other security-related forums that you will find can be just as helpful. You can also ask and share information concerning anything "hijackthis" related in those forums. I hope I was able to help answer some questions and if you have any more, feel free to ask. Again, welcome to AntiOnline and enjoy your stay.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Probably the Spyware/Adware section would be the best place for that.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Also IMHO there are a plethora of forums dedicated to just that, analyzing logs full time...so mostly what can't be answered here the individual is referred to one of these sites.....

Tomcoyote

Bleeping Computer

Aumha

Iamnotageek

Geekstogo

castlecops

Most times though, everyone pitches in to assist in helping with the individuals log, and where you get a number of members helping out it's like extra sets of eyes, what one misses another will catch....and everyone learns from it....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

I think the main reason we don't have a hijackthis specific forum is because the need for a hjt log reading comes up in multiple different forums here, so you would end up starting your post in one forum about your issue, get told to post a hjt log, and have to go to a differnt area to post it.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for your welcome and for your replies, that helps a lot, I was aware that there probably would be one somewhere, though now I know where to look.

This is a great site, keep up the good work guys.

Jonny
    Sarcasm is a way of life