Best Buy dumps the Mail-in-Rebate

Thread: Best Buy dumps the Mail-in-Rebate

Thumbs up Best Buy dumps the Mail-in-Rebate

http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20060126/tc_zd/170077

Retailer Best Buy said this week that it will electronically process rebates for notebook PCs and PC accessories, eliminating the mail-in rebate.

"We realized that mail-in rebates were a source of frustration with consumers, and something worth taking on," said Brian Lucas, a spokesman with the Minneapolis, Minn. retailer. The two-year process has necessitated explaining and working with vendors, and implementing a back-end IT process to handle the flow of rebates, he said.

Score one for Best Buy! MIRs are the biggest scam on the face of the earth, and it's good to see that at least one major chain has realized this. Personally, I think stores should sell the product for the discounted price and have to submit the MIR themselves. I doubt that any vendor would shaft BB like they do the customer.

There are a few companies out there that do this already. My problem with them is that you still don't get the F&*#kin rebate for 6 months after to request it.

If they really want my business, they should find a way to get the rebate immediately after you file the rebate form.

-Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/

I'm with Deeboe, this is definatly a step in the right direction, but they need to just get rid of rebates period and call them what they really are SALES!! What REALLY pisses me off is when i go to buy beer and i see one of those buy 3 12-packs and receive $1.50 by mail things, what the **** is that, just take my damn dollar fifty off at the register.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

what the **** is that, just take my damn dollar fifty off at the register.
    Make that three dollars, I would never let a good friend drink alone

Ohhh the Ole Rebates!

A multitude of times, the company offering up the rebate(s) is not the company that provides the rebate. The original company contracts that out. The actual rebate company is repaid through various methods and it is obviously benficial to them. They are hoping that you will lose your receipt, not bother, or have had past experiences like taking months to get the coins back to make it not worth your while. The original company could care less. They got you in to buy the product and used the promise of a large rebate to help.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Make that three dollars, I would never let a good friend drink alone
    Heck anything more than 36 cans is keg worthy, i wonder what type of rebate we get on that. KEGGER AT MY PLACE!
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Yeah, 'bout damn time.

As for Best Buy ... badly named.