The $200 Billion Broadband Scandal.

Thread: The $200 Billion Broadband Scandal.

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄

The $200 Billion Broadband Scandal.

I was lucky enough to be able to look over an advance copy of Bruce Kushnick’s new book, “The $200 Billion Broadband Scandal” — it’s a powerful critique documenting the trail of broken promises and misinformation perpetrated by many broadband service providers in order to get favorable treatment, special dispensation, and competition-free access to residents across the United States. One of the most damning indictments, that United States residents have already paid for upgrades to our existing broadband infrastructure — being charged for services never delivered — and not a small amount either, but actually to the tune of $200,000,000,000. When you break it down, that’s roughly a $2,000 refund for every household that’s due for contractual obligations never fulfilled.

http://forums.winxpcentral.com/showthread.php?t=16271
    WinXPcentral - “The $200 Billion Broadband Scandal.”

NOTE: The link to digg.com when to an ' item not found page '.

Eg

And on that subject (kinda) today. This made an appearence on slashdot today. God almighty! I have no trust in the telecom companies and this just makes me worry. Granted, a lot of the things on slashdot never come to pass, I still think that this could be a big deal. I am writing my senator tomarrow (Even though he isn't on the senate commerce commitee, which oversees the FCC)
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare

Banned
    They can try, but as every state and the federal government define the telecommunications and cable companies as public utilities, I doubt very much that this will happen. Unless we toss the FCC completely out on its ear.

Not a bad thought, that, tossing the FCC out ...

Still, way too many cable and telecomm services are still run by PUDs (Public Utilities Districts). If they delare themselves private, they lose certain status with local governments and the local governments (that don't already have PUDs) will create PUDs to provide basic levels of service to their districts.

Also, local governments have "eminent domain" and can take over the infrastructure in place "for the public benefit" and give it to the PUDs to then operate and manage.

So, maybe we don't want to toss the FCC out ...

Just kick some sense into 'em.