Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BackTrack Live CD out this Sunday

King Tutorial-ankhamun

BackTrack Live CD out this Sunday

Looks like the BackTrack Live CD (The follow up to Whax and Auditor) will be out on the 5th of Feb. I've liked their prior work, so this should be pretty good:

http://www.remote-exploit.org/index.php/BackTrack

Thanks Irongeek!! I was a huge fan of Auditor. Wasn't aware this was coming. This tool set looks great!

Thanks again!

-Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/

Excellent! Thanks much for sharing that!

Looks like it will be awesome:
    Whax and Auditor

Combining the best features from both distributions, and paying special attention to small details, this is probably the best version of either distributions to ever come out.

Based on SLAX (Slackware), BackTrack provides user modularity. This means the distribution can be easily customised by the user to include personal scripts, additional tools, customised kernels, etc.
    Also - what was the German project that had something like this? I used it in SANS - but now forgot for some reason.

Anywho - thanks again!
    \"We\'re the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We\'ve all been raised by television to believe that one day we\'ll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won\'t. And we\'re learning slowly that fact. And we\'re very, very pissed off.\" - Tyler (Brad Pitt) Fight Club.

Also - what was the German project that had something like this? I used it in SANS - but now forgot for some reason.
    Are you thinking of KNOPPIX?

What is KNOPPIX®?
    KNOPPIX is a bootable CD or DVD with a collection of GNU/Linux software, automatic hardware detection, and support for many graphics cards, sound cards, SCSI and USB devices and other peripherals. KNOPPIX can be used as a productive Linux desktop, educational CD, rescue system, or adapted and used as a platform for commercial software product demos. It is not necessary to install anything on a hard disk. Due to on-the-fly decompression, the CD can have up to 2 GB of executable software installed on it. (over 8 GB on the DVD "Maxi" edition).
    http://www.knoppix.org/

I think the latest version is v4.0.2.

Hope this helps.

Also, Irongeek, thanks for letting us know about BackTrack! Something new to learn!
    \"akuin akka\" - Japanese Proverb

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Your welcome. I've been waiting for it to come out so I can make some new videos.

Your welcome. I've been waiting for it to come out so I can make some new videos.
    videos? as in video-tutorials?... ahh yes, i see, at your site. most excellent... thank you for that as well! it looks like i am at the right sites to learn all about security! i hope i can contribute back as much someday.
    \"akuin akka\" - Japanese Proverb

Whax is a decent live cd, but Auditor takes the cake in my opinion. I can't wait for this release, it should kick ass. Thanks for the post.
    \"Don\'t be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships people don\'t speak of...\"

Hey Hey,

I've been playing with it for a little over an hour now and I'm fairly impressed.... I've had one app return error messages, but there's a couple people on google that have had that problem on full distros... I'm going to play with it and see if I can find a fix for it.. or if there's other syntax for it... if I can't and I have it work successfully in the same situtation on my debian box then I'll submit a bug report to them...

I'm uploading it to my server now (just in case their mirrors become bogged down)... I've got 1.5TB of transfer monthly on a 18000Mbit connection so it'll be there shortly if anyone wants to grab it.

Peace,
    HT

I just finished burning Back|Track, but I can't boot in GUI mode. Only command line for me .
    Can anyone help me boot up with KDE.
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"