Thread: Ubuntu/Firefox/Flash problem

Regal Making Handler

Ubuntu/Firefox/Flash problem

Hi all,

Hope some of you Linux types can help me out here.

Limited information available,

Running Ubuntu, when trying to login into a flash chat room firefox freezes. Adblockplus with filterset -g is installed. Here is where I thought the problem may lay, however disabling the extention only produces a script error.

Sorry about the lack of version data etc, but this is a third hand enquiry. Anyone got any ideas??
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Hi Jinxy,
    Greetings...
    Unless you've installed Flash, it won't be in there by default. Have you?
    If you want a lot of programs not included by default in Ubuntu, and don't want to do command line, there is a program to install a long list of programs in the Ubuntu Forums, in one named "Absolute Beginners."

Regal Making Handler
    A little more info has filtered down to me. Ubuntu (Dapper Drake) is the version. Flash is installed.

The problem occures when trying to access a flash chatroom using Firefox. Flash starts to load but hangs firefox at some point during the process.

I thought the problem was due to Adblockplus blocking the flash application, however if addblockplus is disabled and entry to the chatroom is tryed again all that happens is, a scripting error appears. "A script on this page is cousing your computer to run slow do you want to terminate the thread", the only option available is, "yes".
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

I think the version of Ubuntu you're using is beta. Could be part of the problem.