Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mods....

mods....

Just out of curiousity how in the hell did Jupmed decide who was going to be a mod on here. The original ones yea... But, all the new mods that sit around. I swear it seems as if everyone that I have a problem with is now a mod.

Seriously... If any of the mods would chime up and explain to me how you arrived at your present position I would be more than thrilled to not reply with a sarcastic remark.

Just out of curiosity, which moderators do you have a problem with? And if so, why don't you PM them or e-mail them your concerns? Just wondering..

EDIT: phobia, your mood says you've had another account.. who are you?
    Space For Rent.. =]

oh no! not another argument thread with 11+ pages!
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Hey Hey,

How's it going Whiz..

Spyder: It's WhizKid2300 (I believe those were the numbers)..

Most of us became mods because JupM decided that more coverage was needed and bumped up the already present forum mods.. For example I was modding Phishing and Cyber Scams because I'd suggested it, The same goes, I believe, for hogfly, zencoder and th13..

Gore was made an OS mod because of his contribution to OS discussions and his willingness to clean the forum up... which he's done a wonderful job..

As for mods that don't like him... that'd be gore (judging by past threads)... and I'm pretty sure he thinks I don't like him :P... not sure who else though..

Peace,
    HT

Heh, wow.. I'm really dumb. Why was WhizKid banned? Wow.. heh.
    Space For Rent.. =]

LOL, I can't see any good coming from this thread, its leading to one place and one place only!

Hello Whizkid2300,

Whilst I do not particularly think it a good idea to wash one's dirty linen in public; i feel that you are entitled to an answer.

I became a moderator by invitation. The main objective being to protect the site from Trolls and troublemakers during the "graveyard shift"

If you recall, you asked the question about banning, when I was made a moderator, and I promised you that I would not ban you "just because" as any personal differences were irrelevant?

So, I was "chosen" because I live in the right time zone and could deal with attacks on the site during those hours.

If I were to intervene in another moderator's domain, it would only be to support them in their forum.

I hope that answers your question, at least on my part?

Whizkid was banned for attacking a mod personally. Me. I wasn't going to ban him because everyone would run and say I did it because I can't handle someone making fun of me. But this went against consistency which Horsey told me to always do. Always be consitent, if you ban one person for something, ban everyone else that does it and not single out people. So I did that.

Just like anyone else here who attacks a mod, sorry but you're gone. It's not easy cleaning up AO with all the trolls, the bitching and whining, and no one who does this job deserves to be attacked PERSONALLY.

As for whiz, it wasn't the first time he had done this. Remember in addicts the 18 or so threads he started saying "We might as well ban him because he wouldn't stop making threads attacking"? He wasn't banned that time, but when he did it again for me bringing up a SMALL fact.... Well, consistency, boom, gone.

Lots of feed back from it, two people said I shouldn't have banned him, 10 said I should have done it way before that attack. I won't repeat what was said, but it was an unhidden post of abuse pertaining to myself, my looks, my body type and my intelligence. And it wasn't a "playfull" joking around post, I'm not after people over that, it was a straight up attack just like Rioter saying he was unhappy I haven't died yet. I didn't ban him for that though, Neg did and told me not to hold back on bullshit like that.

No problems here though, I'm not worried about anyone saying I power trip, because the only people I've ever banned were personal attacks and trolls. Every mod does their own thing here as a policy, mine includes personal attacks on mods.

As for closing threads, the only threads closed... Well, trhe 300 in OSs that were all "which Linux? Which BSD?" I wrote a sticky in 15 minutes, posted it, and deleted the mess.

Gore what the **** are you talking about? I seriously think you have done too many drugs. You have a habit of explaining way more then was ever asked.

My original question waas how do mods become mods.... point blank.... None of the people that responded remotely asked for what you just said. It was not that important.

As for which mods I don't like... It is just common that I Have gotten in an arguement with most of the mods.

and gore you couldn't ban me when I started the threads about you. You weren't a mod yet.

HT I can't say you really don't like me... We just argue every time we talk. There a difference between that and you just not liking me.

I will keep my opinions on which paticular mods I don't like to myself.

Originally posted here by Spyder32
    Why was WhizKid banned?

^Because whiz can't read because he does more drugs than I do maybe?