Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slag off Win ME thread

Slag off Win ME thread

Just a bit of ol skool fun, ME could be good when tweaked but the default OS is a pile of... and 98SE was light years better.

Heres some names i've heard, add to it if you've got some

Windows Migraine Edition
    Windows Mistake Edition
    Windows Miserable Edition
    Windows Multiple Errors
    Windows Malfunction Edition
    Windows Messy Excretement
    Windows Major Enema
    Windows Major Earthquake
    Windows Moody Edition
    Windows Major Epilipsy
    Windows Mullered Edition
    Windows Minging Edition

********** |ceWriterguy
    Do we really need a thread to slam on a product that's 7 years old? I mean...I had ME on my old 450... Jeez. That was 2 Gigahertz ago.

Digoy, I think you might need upgrading eh, or are you a newfie?
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Lol...
    Digoy, I think you might need upgrading eh, or are you a newfie?
    what pray tell does a Newfie upgrade too.... besides Digoy is from Manitoba, only Mooses out there, not even "New_found_landers" would move there....jk Digoy, just had visions of Newfs trying to upgrade......
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

********** |ceWriterguy
    Newfie upgrade - dating one's cousin instead of one's sister, or using actual fishing nets instead of mum's stockings.

Newfie computer upgrade - AppleIIc !
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

for some reason this reminded me of one of my favorite windows joke images.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ows-cement.jpg

/too bad we can't use [img] here :-/

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Howdy.
    Newfie computer upgrade - AppleIIc !
    Wasn't that apple called Lisa.?
    and inside the casin's were the autographs of the people whom invented/created it. well on the original one's there were those autographs on the inside of the casing's.

f2b

Blah, WinME was a headache and a mistake, IMO.. but yeah, I think slamming something 7 years old in any case is a no-no..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Windows ME is a great operating system marketed by a shower of shysters. I still run it on several machines and support it on many more.

If you want a serious discussion on the subject, then fine, ask gore if you can bring the topic into his operating systems forum.

I ask myself what do you really know about hardware and software and the all important relationship between the two?

I will give you a clue:

1. Any old MoBo
    2. Any processor, although a PII/233 or better would be preferable (I have run it on a 486!.....and know the hack!)
    3. Give it between 384 and 512 of RAM (PC 100 or 133 is better than the 72 pin EDO RAM)

And way you go. But REMEMBER turn the damn machine off when you have finished using it

fair point, Win 98 is a pain when you've just installed it. Before you can do anything you need to install some NIC drivers, which won't fit on a floppy, so you copy some onto your USB disk. But then you need a driver for the USB disk to be recognised, etc etc.

ME looked nicer too, but what I found frustrating with it was its penchant for blue screens and memory leaks.