Thread: Help...Forgotton password

Help...Forgotton password

Hi ya, I'm a newbie and I need help!

I recently changed my passwords for my online accounts. All went well except my Yahoo mail. For some reason I've forgotton my new password. There's a security question if you forget passwords but it was such along time ago I setup the account; and at the time I didn't realise the importantce the account would eventually come to be; I cannot remember what the answer to it is.

I've been on to Yahoo offering to provide what ever proof of ID they need to confirm it is my account, I have even provided them with a Police incident number as I reported that my account may have been hacked and my passwords changed, but all has drawn a blank and I can not get any further.

My question is, is there any software availiable where I can analize my computer back to the day I changed the passwords, that can tell me what I typed? In otherwords what keystrokes were perfomed on a particular day?

If not are there any suggestions as to what I can do? I would let it go if it were not the case that I've left some important documents and emails on there, believing it would be safer in case of a harddrive failure.

Sincerely
    silika

Try Here you may get lucky and have it in your cache still. If not, guess you will have to open up another Yahoo account!

10/10 for your post though dood, got to be the best webmail Social Engineering on AO to date!

Hmmmm,

My question is, is there any software availiable where I can analize my computer back to the day I changed the passwords, that can tell me what I typed? In otherwords what keystrokes were perfomed on a particular day?
    Yes, they are called "keyloggers", but it is like a safety belt or air bag, you need it up front.

You have two choices, keep on with Yahoo and they may get around to it..............as it is a no fee account I would not expect too much dedicated interest.

Or, as suggested, get a new account, learn from your lesson and move on.

Incidentally, I do not think this is social engineering................anyone that stupid would not even know how to turn the room light on let alone find the computer.

Once you have changed your account number, that is it. All you can do is establish your credentials with the site/service administration.

Maybe this is a lesson...............if you want free don't expect service and don't entrust "important stuff" to it.

Hi

Send a mail to yahoo.
    When this happened to me the people gave me 2 choices
    1. to wait while they rectify the problem
    2. to reset my mail account and all mails get deleted but i get my account back as new

I chose the 1st one and my account was ok the next day and they explained this as a server problem. I would reccomend you to mail the people at yahoo.
    \"The Smilie Wars\" ... just arrived after the great crusades

.... computers come to the rescue .... ah technology at last has some use.

PSPV.. protected stroage password viewer..

IF you have admin local access to the PC, this will help.. BUT as mentioned on an earlier post..IF the password is still in your cache.. that is the new password.. if you had just changed it...!! then it may not be there yet..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr