Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so do you guys recommend the video ipod

http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html

I believe only the nano is solid state, the rest is hard drive driven... (i dont know about the mini)

If you scroll down on this page it has the specs and specifies its a hard drive
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Lets face it an iPod is an iPod and there isn't that much more they can add to it at the minute apart from Bluetooth and or wireless file transfers.
    How about a replacable battery with little or no hassle and avalabilty of battery replacements at local stores?
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I believe only the nano is solid state, the rest is hard drive driven... (i dont know about the mini)
    That's what I thought, the mini uses small Hitachi drives and the other Ipod's use slightly bigger Toshiba drives (I forget exact physical sizes). Nano uses the flash drives...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

If you don't want to jog with the iPod (although I did/do with mine and have never had any problems) get the Nano but avoid the shuffle as I've heard Apple are stopping making these soon because of the Nono's success.

To keep the battery in tip-top shape and last as long as possible, try not to let the battery run out completely, otherwise the iPod needs to charge using higher bursts of power which deteriorates the battery life faster. Plug it in when you aren't using it via mains or USB, I usually plug mine in my mac at work, this way the charge is on a "trickle" mode.

Banned
    I know that there are some built-in game in the ipod. Is it possible to download more games on it. Homebrew or pro. What OS does ipod run and how can I find development tools for it.

there is a linux distro for the ipods you can use. Google it and it should bring some stuff up. I have also seen a video out there of a guy who had half-life on his ipod with the linux os. So I hope that answers your questions
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here