Thread: Biometrics information

Biometrics information

Hello all! Ok my mother is doing a paper on biometrics, what it is, how its used, efficiency, how secure it is, the future of, and cost factors related to company wide implimentation. THIS IS NOT FOR A CLASS I AM TAKING, in fact im not even in school at the moment, and if i was it would be for the sciences not computers. All i am doing is trying to pull together sources about biometrics for her, but really have no idea where to go, and yes i know i could google it but i would rather not have to read through a bunch of not needed info to find a few good articles for her. If anyone here can point to some good info related to biometrics and the topics i mentioned, that would be awesome. I am NOT asking for any help writting this paper at all, and i will not be helping her write it. This is solely an information/source gathering effort. Any help/info is greatly appreciated.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

AOs Resident Troll
    AFAIK...

Biometrics is flawed cause you cant change it...so if someone steals your eyeball or fingerprints...and compromises security...you cant change them...maybe you could use someone elses....but I think you get the point...

unlike a password...which can be changed at anytime.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Morgan: While i do appreciate your help, she needs to get actual articles so she can site her sources and all of that crap. For instance one of the articles i did find was from pc world and it talked about the use of biometrics in purses where it only opens for its owner. While is is something i could have easily told her over the phone, she needs the physical article or a link in order to use the info in her paper.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

AOs Resident Troll
    but i would rather not have to read through a bunch of not needed info to find a few good articles for her
    neither would I.......

specially if I am not getting the credit

Maybe your mom should do her own homework

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Maybe your mom should do her own homework
    If it were only that easy. My mom is the type of person that get you to do things for her without even realising it. Not to mention i get the whole guilt trip working against me, and i just can't say no to her after all of the help she gave me back in my schooling days. If it wasn't for her help i definatly would not be anywhere near as smart as i am today.
    Benjamin Franklin

Wikipedia is often a good place to start. Includes links. Be sure to tell your mom to read the discussion.