Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questioning my teacher

With things the way they are today, I'd be very careful and take the advice that has been offered. You might want to question your teacher, as well, why he/she feels empowered to offer the students up for possible employment outside the school. Compare the teacher's response to the schools published policies (yes, they have a policies and procedures document, check it out).

A suggestion to perform all the tasks in the classroom, under supervision, is also a very good one. It is far beyond the teacher's area of responsibility to send students of your age to outside contacts, unless this is a program sponsored, approved and under the supervision of the school administration.

Even as a college instructor, I would make sure my students (who were adults) were paired up for off-site projects, the projects were appropriate for their skills and knowledge, and I checked out the companies and/or knew the principles well.

Just my tuppence.

In utter and endless vanity. Humbleness, oh how I miss thee.
    Hah, you guys made me laugh. First off, I live in Iowa. The most exciting thing that ever happens here is the sewedge breaking and stinking up the school. Now, Mr. Smith has worked in the school longer than anyone (40 or so years I think) and he's a short, old, fat guy who, I think, wouldn't (and couldn't) harm a fly. Plus, I've had him for a class every year (recordkeeping, accounting, adv. accounting, bus. ed.) and it is all business yes. I'm not sure on the job yet, he hasn't called his friend yet and said he'd get back to me on monday. The other thing is.. our school doesn't have a tech class. Best thing we got is a computer application class that teaches you how to work Apple Works (lame, but taking a computer college course to make up for it). I'm pretty sure what nihil said was right, and it will probably deal more with receipts and invoices. I'm hoping to get some extra money on this thing. Anyways, you guys got any other suggestions? Besides asking the non-existant tech class?
    This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch. The beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, cheat, lie to us and try and make us think it's for our own good, yet we are the criminals. Yes I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker and this is my manifesto. You may stop me but you can't stop us all.

That's right. I'm 10100111001.

Nothing like having a good reference from an instructor, work experience and getting paid in the process.

That is presuming that you do enjoy working around computer systems and peripherals and compensation (wage/salary) is acceptable.

I wouldn't have minded if any of my previous instructions dropped a free job prospect in my lap.

Did you said sometihng about payment?
    The access to the computer or
    anything else that shows us how the
    world works must be total and
    unlimited.