help me

Thread: help me

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

help me

I need some help. I am currently running Linux RedHat 9.0 and I want to get rid of it and install windows XP Pro.

I place in the cd windows xp pro it automatically takes me to the command prompt/ windows recovery tool which only has a command prompt first I reformated the hard drive to erase red hat and created a new partition for windows XP reboot PC still same thing. Next I ran chkdsk no errors, next tried adding the install by ----> bootcfg /add

I use to be able to reformat hard drive create a partition and install windows xp right on the hard drive without any hassles. Is their something I am missing? The disk will not boot into the WINDOWS XP CD GUI (like press f8 to appecpt EULA) I don't get to that point. Only the recovery tool/ command prompt? GF hates redhat because she cannot use it, (says not very user friendly) I like it. Strictly because of the terminal and all the applications avilable for it. Back to issue at hand you guys got any other ideas? I tried this with windows 2000 pro cd, tried windows xp home cd, tried xp pro, all them not able to install windows. But I am to install slack ware 9.1 redhat 9.0 suse 9.0 etc.. but not windows wtf? I need help. All help is greatly appreciated.
    Share on Google+

AOs Resident Troll
    You should know better then to double post

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer
    Share on Google+

You should know better then to double post
    SHUT THE **** UP. You want the honest to god's truth? Who gives a ****. Why the **** are you worried about it? If the Moderators had a promblem with it they would have informed me. It's not your job. Heres an idea, how about helping me with the issue at hand? If this reply sounds nasty, it probably is. Back to the orginal issue at hand, I should have added I reformated the hard drive reboot the PC, (didnt create a partition going to let windows automatically bring up GUI) and it will still load into the command prompt. After reformating and not creating a partition for it.

I have my PC to boot fom CDROM first, then c: drive second, floppy 3rd and so on...

Cheers,
    thesims
    Share on Google+

AOs Resident Troll
    SHUT THE **** UP
    Well that will get you alot of help.......

pffft

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer
    Share on Google+

Well that will get you alot of help.......
    Well that can be our little secret. I do know alot is spelled a lot (two words not one). Miss smarty pants.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted here by Computernerd22
    Well that can be our little secret. I do know alot is spelled a lot (two words not one). Miss smarty pants.
    If the Moderators had a promblem
    Talk about calling the kettle black..???
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson
    Share on Google+