Obtaining CD KEY from game - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obtaining CD KEY from game

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    Hmmmm,

The CD key isn't actually on the CD, it is generated and stored on your computer somewhere in the game files on your PC.

I have no idea how this is done but it may use some information that is on that particular PC in the process. The implication of this is that migration of the generated key to another machine would not work.

muert0 has the best solution in my opinion. It really isn't worth the risk with an online game.

Just my 0.02
    If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

ble look through your registry file, if you look hard enough the CD key will be presented to you.

i installed my legit copy on a machine and then had a quick look in the registry and it took a whole 5 minutes to find the key.

And the .psswrd is stored in the program files/ folder but have fun cracking the file to give you plain text..

If he/she is telling the truth about having it installed on an old machine in there house, then i don't see anything wrong with them retrieving there legitimate details from that machine for the new machine..
    And they all they need to do is remember there login details for battle.net and there set.

cheers
    front2back

Hi fronties ,

There is certainly nothing "wrong" with doing it. My concern was that it wouldn't work and might get his account banned?

EDIT: OK apparently there is no problem with this particular game, it doesn't look at the hardware or MAC address
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

Banned
    How would I get banned? It is my CDKEY, i bought the game, and it's not illegal to install the same game on two of your own computers. I Have been looking in the registry, but no luck so far.

Hi, some game sites check for a legit version of the software, if you use a crack and it is one they recognise they will ban your account.

That is why you see "generators" on crakz sites, they attempt to generate a legitimate looking key, that is unique.

Some games can only be used from one computer. I think that this was intended to prevent anyone who stole your files from your computer from also stealing your account.

Banned
    So if I buy a game, and then get a new computer....I am basically SOL? And I have to buy a the game again?

I have looked in the registry, under diablo2 folders, battle.net folders, i found some things, like the last login and all that. But still no Key

go to the command line or Run. type regedit. Hit the EDIT button then select FIND. type DIABLO. Not entry no game installed.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.