What do YOU want to learn about IT/IS?

Thread: What do YOU want to learn about IT/IS?

What do YOU want to learn about IT/IS?

For one of my classes at Cornell, I'm going to be embarking in the very near future on a research study geared toward a topic in the IT and IS world. There's only one problem: I don't know what to write about. So, I'm wondering what it is that people in the IT/IS world *want* to know? I've thought of a couple of ideas, such as, "Will convenience overpower privacy," and, "Is Identity 2.0 worth the trouble?" and other such things, but would very much value the input of the community on other ideas that they would actually like to learn from. This will be an extensive forward-looking project to be completed within 6 months, and I will (of course) post the findings here once my work is complete.

x-posted slightly

Hmm, thoughts...

How will identities be protected in the future?

Will mobile device features spell the end of dedicated servers or will the future of computing be distributed across many devices (cell phones, PDAs, servers, laptops, TVs, TV remote controls, car stereos, etc). Maybe a little wild there.

How will IT systems and services respond to growing requirements for systems/services to be always on similar to electricity?

....brain stopped thinking.

Thanks for your input, ric-o. So no one else wants to learn anything in particular?

Will the explosion in new digital technologies result in
    "the empowerment of the masses", or will it create
    the dreaded "digital divide" between the knowing
    and the clueless?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

rcgreen: I've studied a good bit about the digital divide, and I think that would be a great question to look further into. I've got until Friday, so if anyone else has ideas, shoot 'em through here.