Hi guys,

This is not a cop-out to me doing my own research but I am just wondering what your thoughts might be. My Epson Photo 825 recently died on me.

I am aware of all of the problems Epsons have with clogged heads. I know HP builds their heads into the cartridges (which is nice) but I just cannot justify going with HP when their ink costs $40-60 to replace the cartridges. I am planning on doing a lot of printing...

I am starting a business where I will be printing quite a few full color pages (brochures, CD labels, etc), probably 15-20 full-color, full-page prints a week. This is why I am leaning toward Epson or maybe Canon.

In the past I have bought all my ink from printpal.com. It is generic ink but I have never had a single problem with it and it's very inexpensive for Epson and Canon ink. There is very little savings with HP ink.

I have never used a canon but have heard a lot about the pixma printers. I don't know anything about their ink usage though.

I would be interested in a printer that has individual inks for each color (CMY and Black) but some of the HPs have 6 cartridges... that’s overkill, it seems, to have to keep all of those stocked on your shelf. 3 individual color cartridges would not be bad because I will be printing a lot and may use one color more often than another, in which case it would be more cost-effective (I think) to replace just that one single color instead of the entire cartridge... but then again, a single individual color cartridge usually costs close to the price of a multi-color cartridge.

Here are my requirements:
Possible Printer/Scanner all-in-one.
DPI - 5700x720 My previous printer had this, I don't think I need anything more than that.
Size, speed, noise levels are not as important as price.
Under $100. I know this is low... can I get what I am looking for, for this price? I would be willing to buy refurbished from Epson or even new on ebay.

My biggest concern is the ink-usage. Everything I have read has led me to believe that Epson uses ink more sparingly than HP. Is this true? Because I will be printing so much with it I would rather a printer that has very inexpensive cartridges than an inexpensive printer.

Thank you for any ideas you can give.